Rebatch questions!!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yup. I couldn't get everything to melt down nice and smooth (or rather, gooey) so I packed it in the molds as much as possible, covered in cling wrap (holds in heat) and used a piece of wood to even it out. Took the cling wrap off, and when it was a bit more firm (about an hour of two) I compressed the heck out of it! I still have to clean up the sides and top a bit.

I rebatch in my crock pot. And I usually add a bit more fo since some will cook off. If adding any more butters or oils for a superfat, be careful with the amounts you add. Too much can diminish your lather.

I try not to add more butters/oils at rebatch because I've only used soap that was just made and has already been superfatted. I had no clue it would do anything to the lather. eeek. Thanks for the tip!

I put mine in the crock pot in the oven, with a top.
Then I transfer it to my mixer and it fluffs up really nice.
Here's mine.

100_2481.jpg

Here are some of my rebatch soaps
HPIM0055.jpg

Goatsmilk Oat/Honey
Oatmeal.jpg

Oatmeal

And this is what happens to rebatch when you add too much water
CuringRack.jpg

You can see the tops of the soaps shrinking because so much water was added, while it cured it started the shrinking effect! LOL

Back