Reaching a soap making goal

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
In my intro post two and a half years ago I included this goal:

”One of my soapmaking goals is to make a series of soaps that look attractive, while also capturing details of coastal ecosystems that are familiar to me and my scientist friends (truly a niche market!).”

Something like this!

marsh ~ beach ~ bay ~ ocean

5D1301A1-5511-4D7E-80A4-667A81FDFABB.jpeg

Great idea, that programme! Awesome execution as well; all four, not only the challenge win worthy rightmost bar. Not many bright colours, yet so much going on in the soft pastel palettes of low contrast and infinite hues and shades. A worthy representation of the plethora of more or less silent and discreet things going on at the seaside! The single bars really win from being next to each other, to have the context they'd have in Nature just as well.

I'm just wondering: now that you've achieved this goal, and you're aimless and disoriented and out of ideas (and all marine biologists on planet Earth equipped with a decade worth of soap) – what might come next? Homage to the clouds of Jupiter as seen by the Juno spacecraft?

Those are absolutely beautiful! Are they scented differently? Or maybe not at all?
Thank you! Note - completely edited to get it right for posterity and @MellonFriend : The batches on the right and left are scented with lemon eucalyptus eo straight up, the two in middle with a blend of orange and patchouli eos.

Last edited:
In my intro post two and a half years ago I included this goal:

”One of my soapmaking goals is to make a series of soaps that look attractive, while also capturing details of coastal ecosystems that are familiar to me and my scientist friends (truly a niche market!).”

Something like this!

marsh ~ beach ~ bay ~ ocean

View attachment 61926
You have most certainly achieved the goal!

Latest posts

Back