Raw Hemp Seed issues?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Has anyone ever used raw hemp seed in their soap? Do you know of any potential problems with it going bad? I chopped some and stirred it into my hp soap made with hemp milk. I also pressed some whole seeds on the top. I'm just wondering if anyone has had any problems with using this raw product. Thanks!

Last edited:
I don't use hemp in my soap, so no advice there, but hemp is discussed a lot. If you look at the bottom of this page, you'll see links to several other threads that may answer some or all of your questions.

Also you can use Google to search for related threads in SMF. Enter this search (or something like it) in Google: hemp oil in soap site:soapmakingforum.com

If a search doesn't give you the answers you are looking for, I'm sure others who use hemp products may chime in.

I don't use hemp in my soap, so no advice there, but hemp is discussed a lot. If you look at the bottom of this page, you'll see links to several other threads that may answer some or all of your questions.

Also you can use Google to search for related threads in SMF. Enter this search (or something like it) in Google: hemp oil in soap site:soapmakingforum.com

If a search doesn't give you the answers you are looking for, I'm sure others who use hemp products may chime in.
Ok, thank you, DeeAnna. That gives me a place to start.

Yes I have used them in my soap, just not on top. Hemp are very oily so I prefer to contain them inside the soap, can imagine them going rancid when used on top. They can cause oily spots in your soap, but mine have never gone bad inside. Keep in mind hemp does have a short shelf like and I always add ROE to my hemp soap

Back