Question for European Soap Sellers - Soy Wax

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fiona Robertson

Reaction score
I've been looking on Etsy for European soap sellers who use soy wax as one of their ingredients. I can't find any so does this mean that soy wax is not an acceptable ingredient to pass a cosmetic safety assessment? Is there anyone here from Europe who sells soap using soy wax?

I wouldn't use etsy as reliable source of labelling tbh!!

As far as I am aware it would be but you are better off checking with an assessor to be sure.

I wouldn't use etsy as reliable source of labelling tbh!!

As far as I am aware it would be but you are better off checking with an assessor to be sure.

Thanks LilyJo. I emailed an assessor last week but didn't get a reply. After I asked here I also emailed the Soap Kitchen and they have responded that as this brand is cosmetic grade it is OK to use in soap. I'm just surprised I can't find anyone else who uses it.

TBH it depends on where you look, there are so many etsy sellers who dont legally comply so I wouldn't rely on that. Are you looking for soy wax in the label or the incision name?

TBH it depends on where you look, there are so many etsy sellers who dont legally comply so I wouldn't rely on that. Are you looking for soy wax in the label or the incision name?

I was just looking at the list of ingredients in their listings. I picked a few vegan soap sellers to narrow my search down a little

Latest posts

Back