Pumpkin Soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

countymounty22

Reaction score
This is my first pumpkin batch. I was so excited it turned out after hearing a horror story about a pumpkin soap one of the pro's in my town tried to make. It smells awesome.

IMG_1439.JPG

Hazel said:
Beautiful! Did you add pureed pumpkin?

I used a pumpkin spice FO in a batch and it turned dark brown. What FO did you use?

Hazel- I used Perfect Pumpkin from wholesale supplies plus. Vanilla will do that as I am sure you know. This FO has 6 percent vanilla. You can also by the color stabilizer from them. The color came from adding pumpkin spice. I have been working a detail all weekend and I couldn't wait until today to make it so I made it yesterday. This was probably the longest recipe I have done so far because it involved mixing it but not to trace and separating the batch. So glad it turned out.

countymounty22 said:
I used Perfect Pumpkin from wholesale supplies plus. Vanilla will do that as I am sure you know.

Yes, I do know which is why I asked since your soap wasn't brown.

The Pumpkin FO I used was also from WSP and it was either Perfect Pumpkin or Pumpkin Pie (3% vanilla content). I have both but I made the batch so long ago that I don't remember which one I used. I've also tried their color stabilizer in a different batch and it didn't work. The batch eventually turned brown.

Hazel said:
countymounty22 said:
I used Perfect Pumpkin from wholesale supplies plus. Vanilla will do that as I am sure you know.

Yes, I do know which is why I asked since your soap wasn't brown.

The Pumpkin FO I used was also from WSP and it was either Perfect Pumpkin or Pumpkin Pie (3% vanilla content). I have both but I made the batch so long ago that I don't remember which one I used. I've also tried their color stabilizer in a different batch and it didn't work. The batch eventually turned brown.

Also Hazel I did add 3oz of straight pumpkin. I have included the link below because everybody deserves a soap that smells this good.

http://candleandsoap.about.com/od/soapr ... insoap.htm

Back