Pumpkin Pie HP

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Skatergirl46

Soaper on wheels
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My son requested some pumpkin pie scented soap. I have been trying new additives that I haven't used before and this one was pumpkin. I substituted 200g of it for 200g of the water mixture. I stick blended the pumpkin into my melted oils before adding the lye water. I also added my usual sugar, SL and some Tussah Silk. The FO is BB's Pumpkin Pie which I think is delicious! I decided on HP because I thought this FO would accelerate. It's supposed to discolor to a brown color too so I'm expecting the soap to change. It will be interesting to see how it turns out. I didn't use any additional colorants. My kitchen smells so delicious right now! :smile:
The numbers are:
Hardness 34
Cleansing 10
Conditioning 62
Bubbly 19
Creamy 33

Here's a snapshot.

Mmmmmm! Pumpkin pie scent is one of the best. Looks delish too. It will probably go brown but that's ok.

I just used pumpkin for the first time, was expecting a brown color because of some pumpkin CP soap I'd purchased before. So I was a bit surprised when I unmolded and it was bright yellow! Its round and looks like cheese to me lol. I'm really interested to see what color it is once its fully cured.

Looks delicious skatergirl :)

I've yet to try soaping with pumpkin (bought the pumpkin already though, lol), it's on my next to do list, which keeps growing btw..

I bet it smells delicious too!

BB's pumpkin fo does not accelerate to much to be unmanageable, just do not over sb. I used to use theirs until I found one I liked better. If you look up their pumpkin soap instructions on Soap Queen you will find a coloring recommendations that makes a beautiful color pumpkin soap. This is the link and it will turn out beautiful http://www.soapqueen.com/bath-and-b...ocess-soap/pumpkin-puree-cold-process-soap-2/

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back