Proud of this one! but..

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nanooo48

Reaction score
AF0D2AF2-C8D1-4DFB-888C-23626C820218.jpeg
these darn bubbles I keep getting from this new wire cutter! Dag nabbit Batman! I try fast, slow, super steady, I just can’t get it right lol. My soap isn’t bubbly I’ve been told it’s the wire. Oh and it’s tight too. Lol

I made this little flower from soap dough which was really not so easy to get it long enough and have it stuck together during the course of making it. Soap dough is definitely not something I’ve come close to mastering as a skill lol. But I’m happy with my little purple flower. Lopsided and all :rolleyes:

Of course I just cut these so I can’t even wait to take better pictures hehe.

What cheerful soap! Too bad you didn't save it to enter in the landscape challenge. It would have been perfect! Are you sure the little bubbles aren't stearic spots? I use palm oil so if I soap too cool I get those.
Well I don’t use palm oil in my soaps. And if I used a hand cutter I never get them. But I don’t have a guide nor a steady handy for those lol. This wire cutter was supposed to be my saving grace! I’m wondering if it has to do with wire size or something but I’m honestly afraid to change this thing. I’ve already been stabbed once! :confused:

What cheerful soap! Too bad you didn't save it to enter in the landscape challenge. It would have been perfect! Are you sure the little bubbles aren't stearic spots? I use palm oil so if I soap too cool I get those.
I wish I was more knowledable in the soap challenges. I don’t have a lot of time to look and figure it out and join all the clubs lol. So I’m just a loner haha.

After you cut them run your thumb over the face of it to smooth out the bumps ;) I sometimes get those too.
Maybe the strings are not tight enough, Stearic spots. Somewhere there is a post about this but I can't remember if anyone figured it out for sure.

There are monthly challenges on this forum. @MarnieSoapien gave you the link for this month's challenge, and there is also a link in the banner at the top of the page (scrolls between the challenge and the gift subscription link). The challenge this month is landscape designs and we'd love to have you participate.

There are no prizes for these challenges - rather it is to learn a new skill, and have fun with other members attempting the same thing.

Nanoo, I also have a wire cutter and it IS a lifesaver. I also get these but there is a quick fix. I keep a (quite) damp dishcloth at hand as I'm cutting. I pick up the cut bar with my right hand, and with the left squeeze the wet wash cloth. I don't bevel my soap, so it's finger & thumb down the corners and across the bottom and palm across the sides (gloved of course). Takes only a few seconds. Dry gloved hand doesn't work, it just moves "soap crumbs" around.

Nanoo, I also have a wire cutter and it IS a lifesaver. I also get these but there is a quick fix. I keep a (quite) damp dishcloth at hand as I'm cutting. I pick up the cut bar with my right hand, and with the left squeeze the wet wash cloth. I don't bevel my soap, so it's finger & thumb down the corners and across the bottom and palm across the sides (gloved of course). Takes only a few seconds. Dry gloved hand doesn't work, it just moves "soap crumbs" around.
Maybe I’ll try that!!!! I honestly dispise beveling lol. I’m not very good at it. I like to run my finger down to clean my corners. I did bevel these guys because it just looked cute. Haha but thanks for the tip!!!

This is probably a dumb question but is the soap dough flower put on the face after you cut?
Noo I made a long version of a flower with soap dough and embedded it in the mold while pouring. :)

Latest posts

Back