You ever have that moment when..

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nanooo48

Reaction score
B9EAE395-AB9A-4A85-82C3-54E6B4BC8BC6.jpeg
846FDF19-BC48-47AC-B618-8A93F06A62CA.jpeg
DD09A836-AA7F-4D77-AA6D-448A5C900775.jpeg
you have a plan in place, set it in motion, everything is going flawlessly and then 3, 2, 1..

...your soap thickens to scoop and plop status and your idea is dust in the wind lol?

Well this happened to me with this idea lol. It was supposed to be a really pretty fluid like zebra stripe design. I was hoping for that. I kinda came close but then went and wrecked it a little more playing around with the top :beatinghead:

Not only that but I made my lye water TOO cool and it was a battle of the degrees trying to warm up my lye with warm packs just warm enough to mix. Someone had the bright idea for aloe and distilled water ice cubes. Well they just didn’t warm enough lol.

BTW the scent I used is Rose Quartz by bramble berry and there was warnings of acceleration with warmer temps in some reviews. And maybe explains the odd lookin pink things stickin out the top LOL I didn’t even want to put them in that way dag nabbit. But then just kept going with it...

The color on the bottom didn’t come out according to plan either! Came out lighter than I was anticipating for sure. I am just having a hard time feeling happy with this darn soap and I put so much work into rescuing it! Lol

BUT I figured I’d share the design ATTEMPT :lol: I hope you can all appreciate the effort! Tired of me yet?? :rolling::rolleyes:

Hope you’re all well!!!

You nailed the rose quartz. And I like the rest of the soap... But together, I understand why you say you're having a hard time feeling happy about this soap. Maybe if you cut off the quartz sticking out, you will be happier with it. Then you can re-use the rose quartz tops for something else.

You nailed the rose quartz. And I like the rest of the soap... But together, I understand why you say you're having a hard time feeling happy about this soap. Maybe if you cut off the quartz sticking out, you will be happier with it. Then you can re-use the rose quartz tops for something else.
I was thinking what if I trimmed them further down at least? I’m glad you see why I’m bothered lol. They smell sooooo good too! Hahaha

somehow it bothers me that the two pinks don't match (or contrast more), but I can't argue with anything else there...even your alleged plopping. I think the black and white is very striking.

I agree with everyone else, but also, you can use your lye water cold, you don't have to heat it up. As long as it's all dissolved, it's fine

somehow it bothers me that the two pinks don't match (or contrast more), but I can't argue with anything else there...even your alleged plopping. I think the black and white is very striking.
I know it drives me crazy! And it was spot on when poured! And I gelled typically it’d get darker! I’m baffled! I wish I had more of this scent and the supplier didn’t take so long to ship I’d get right on a re do lmao. Thanks for the compliment on the black n white!

I agree with everyone else, but also, you can use your lye water cold, you don't have to heat it up. As long as it's all dissolved, it's fine
Well it was 60 degrees and I didn’t want any of my butters or even my coconut oil to react to the coldness of it.

Not sure what you mean by react?

Lye water and oils don't need to be.the same temp, it's a myth

You might possibly get a false trace briefly but if that happens you just keep blending and it sorts itself out

View attachment 40007 View attachment 40008 View attachment 40009 you have a plan in place, set it in motion, everything is going flawlessly and then 3, 2, 1..

...your soap thickens to scoop and plop status and your idea is dust in the wind lol?

Well this happened to me with this idea lol. It was supposed to be a really pretty fluid like zebra stripe design. I was hoping for that. I kinda came close but then went and wrecked it a little more playing around with the top :beatinghead:

Not only that but I made my lye water TOO cool and it was a battle of the degrees trying to warm up my lye with warm packs just warm enough to mix. Someone had the bright idea for aloe and distilled water ice cubes. Well they just didn’t warm enough lol.

BTW the scent I used is Rose Quartz by bramble berry and there was warnings of acceleration with warmer temps in some reviews. And maybe explains the odd lookin pink things stickin out the top LOL I didn’t even want to put them in that way dag nabbit. But then just kept going with it...

The color on the bottom didn’t come out according to plan either! Came out lighter than I was anticipating for sure. I am just having a hard time feeling happy with this darn soap and I put so much work into rescuing it! Lol

BUT I figured I’d share the design ATTEMPT :lol: I hope you can all appreciate the effort! Tired of me yet?? :rolling::rolleyes:

Hope you’re all well!!!
You have a great attitude! I like how you can laugh at yourself. I also like the black and white with pink diagonals of the base.

View attachment 40007 View attachment 40008 View attachment 40009 you have a plan in place, set it in motion, everything is going flawlessly and then 3, 2, 1..

Hope you’re all well!!!

Oh my that is very pretty for sure! I actually really like that color on the bottom...beautiful soap!

Latest posts

Back