Probiotic Soaps

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Annmarie0407

Reaction score
Does anyone know how I would add probiotics to homemade soaps? I can eaither use my probiotics(in the powder form), or I can use my homemade fermented Coconut water keifer.

I guess the big question is HOW and WHEN would I add it? I am thinking that the LYE would just KILL the bacteria.

How would probiotics benefit the qualities of the soap? I have not heard of this, but then I'm new to the whole hand-made soap thing.

I thought that probiotics were something you used for good digestive health.
:?
My daughter tried them when she was younger for tummy upset.

Jude

I thought that probiotics were something you used for good digestive health.

Yes, that's why I questioned its use in soap. My doctor just recommended it for me due to my intestinal problems... not heard of it for topical purposes either.

Thank you for your info. I actaully make homemade coconut water keifir with probiotics and drink it...and I use it on my face and skin. Probiotics are amazing for killing bad bacteria on your skin(great for acne, skin problems..etc). My son also takes it for his tummy(to get rid of that bad bacteria)

I have seen keifir soap. It does make sense the lye would kill the biotics though...

soap has a naturally high pH (9.5-11) even after it's all "done", and I don't think that would be good for your probiotics.

Latest posts

Back