Pretty proud of this one...

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That is beautiful. I love those colors together. I put some madder root, among other things, in an online cart yesterday. I may just have to go back and pull the trigger.

Madder root is awesome! I've gotten kind of a dusty rose, to light pink, now this! It's always fun to use. Spirulina is also one of my favorites! And black walnut hull... Okay who am I kidding?? I loves all of the colors lol! As I mentioned in a reply just a moment ago to another poster, I got a natural colorant kit from SMR, love it! Have barely made a dent in it and I've made well 50 soaps or so. I think I give more soap away (and use it for myself) than I do sell it.

Oh, it's so and so's birthday?? :wink:

As promised, here are some new pictures of the soap originally shown in this thread. Not really a whole lot of color fading I've noticed. The photos do look a little different though because I set the more recent ones up in different lighting.

watermarked2.jpg

Beautiful. Wish I had a better eye for color :( I would never think to put those colors together. And I love the tang/bergamot combo. I think berg is a way under appreciated EO. I did not know that it is a variety of orange. Fun fact.

As promised, here are some new pictures of the soap originally shown in this thread. Not really a whole lot of color fading I've noticed. The photos do look a little different though because I set the more recent ones up in different lighting.

Hey HE, did you mix in the madder with the lye water, at trace, with oils/infusion, or when??? :wave:

You nailed this one my friens

Thanks! Now if only I could learn how to avoid stearic spots. I've tried everything, soaping at higher temperatures and I don't use PKO. I'm not really that concerned with it though, my bars are on the natural side, I don't trim them or anything. Never had a complaint. But advice is always encouraged. :wink:

Beautiful. Wish I had a better eye for color :( I would never think to put those colors together. And I love the tang/bergamot combo. I think berg is a way under appreciated EO. I did not know that it is a variety of orange. Fun fact.

Thanks! Just play around with colors, even if they don't match the scent or even really match each other, have fun! I honestly didn't know bergamot was an orange until after I used it in this batch. It's such a versatile scent, you can put it with sooo many other scents.

Thanks! Just play around with colors, even if they don't match the scent or even really match each other, have fun! I honestly didn't know bergamot was an orange until after I used it in this batch. It's such a versatile scent, you can put it with sooo many other scents.

Assuming you know this, but it is what gives Earl Grey tea it's unique flavor and fragrance.

Stunning. I would call it “Sunset”. At least the colors look like a sunset on my computer.

Stunning. I would call it “Sunset”. At least the colors look like a sunset on my computer.

It's gonna be "Italian Tangerine". I try my best to put in the somewhere in the name what the scent will be, or something pertaining to the ingredients. It helps to keep my "natural" theme going. Even though "Sunsets" are natural. You know what I mean :) That doesn't mean that I'm turning down any advice or suggestions. I'm always open to them, it's a good way to brainstorm.

LOL. I'm a coffee man myself, but after reading your original bergamot post I remembered that we have some Earl Grey and nuked myself a cup. Great treat on a cool day.

Yum! My husband drinks coffee, like, a lot of coffee. Probably somewhere around a few pots a day. I'll have a few sits of his first cup in the morning and that's pretty much it. I've been on a smoothie kick recently. I have confession to make... I've never made any kind of smoothie before last week. It's so easy and an even easier way to make sure you are getting a healthy dose of fruit (and a good way to take those fruits and veggies that are about to expire).

This is a beautiful soap and makes me want to play with natural colorants more. So far I have used rose kaolin clay, spirulina, and this crazy orange ginger spice I had laying around that had paprika in it. They have all been fun to play with. Most of my soaps are pretty plain jane but once in a while it's nice to make a pretty soap.

This is a beautiful soap and makes me want to play with natural colorants more. So far I have used rose kaolin clay, spirulina, and this crazy orange ginger spice I had laying around that had paprika in it. They have all been fun to play with. Most of my soaps are pretty plain jane but once in a while it's nice to make a pretty soap.

Thank you! I only use natural colorants, excluding micas. There really is so much you can do with herbs and food purees. That orange ginger spice sounds neat! Do you know anything else about it? Did you also try it in cooking? Have fun!

Back