Pretty happy with the way my new salt bar turned out!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HerbalEarthling

Reaction score
Made with a blend of olive, castor and coconut oil. Added sea clay and kelp with a blend of anise and lavender essential oils. I am surprised at how strong the kelp scent is which I'm actually liking with the essential oils.

1429384430104.jpg

Anise and lavender is one of my favorite blends. Those are pretty bars!

I hate trying to quick cut salt bars...you did a great job! Bet it smells wonderful. Great job!

Yeah, it was kinda weird. I used 50% salt, I think somewhere around 15% superfat and a high coconut oil recipe but it still didn't really harden up until the next day. The next thing will make you gasp... You ready? I actually put the molds in the freezer for a few hours! :eek: But they cut beautifully, for the most part!

Really, the next day!! WOw! If I don't cut mine within 2 hours, it ain't happening. Did you use a lot of castor oil?

Do you mind sharing your eo ratios? I haven't used anise, but fennel. And it's so strong! I've only mixed it with orange and it still over powers it.

I usually only use anise at .4 oz PPO since it's so strong. Lavender I use at .7 oz PPO. I liv lavender and find it's pretty strong at that rate. Some mamight like more, some might like less.

Back