Powdered milk

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lizteria

Reaction score
I have some powdered goat's milk. Can I use this in CP soap, and if so, how much powder to water? I'm hoping to make a Castille and goat's milk soap. Thanks in advance.

Sent from my iPad using Soap Making

Yep, you can absolutely use it- I would make a regular Castile recipe, and then blend the powder into the batter at light trace. You can premix it into a little of the water from your recipe if you're concerned about clumping. I would aim for 1tbsp ppo.

I used powdered GM in a few of my batches, and it came out beautifully. I mixed 1 TBSP PPO using my stick blender to the liquid oils BEFORE adding the lye water. That way I didn't have to worry about potentially burning the milk when add the lye.

Lovely soap!

Lizteria, if your powdered GM supplier didn't give you a powder to water ratio to use then use what Meyenburg (popular powdered GM brand) recommends: 28g powder to 8 oz warm water. So the amount of GM will depend on how many ounces of water you are using for your lye to come up with how much powder to add to your oils. HTP

Thanks everyone for all the help. It sounds a lot easier than I thought it would be. I made a coconut milk soap a few months ago, and it was a real faff! I had to freeze the milk the day before, then mix the frozen milk with the lye, then keep the mixture really cool in the fridge. Mixing the GM with the oils sounds fab:))

I use powder as well and find that it works great, and so much easier than liquid. I have soaped with liquid and don't find a difference in the two soaps. I mix it straight in the oils before I add the lye and blend it really well. Good luck!

I made my Castille and Goats Milk last night, it looks beautifully snow white, and so much easier than using liquid milk. I'm converted :)

Powdered goat milk supplier in Australia

A great idea using the powdered milk version. Sure saves a lot of messing around. I have been looking for it on my grocery shelves and am not having any luck. Wondering if anyone else on this list is from Townsville and can point me in the direction. Have found long life goat milk on the Woolies shelves so have been using that but have to do the freeze method. Powder form would be so much better. Hugs Liz

A great idea using the powdered milk version. Sure saves a lot of messing around. I have been looking for it on my grocery shelves and am not having any luck. Wondering if anyone else on this list is from Townsville and can point me in the direction. Have found long life goat milk on the Woolies shelves so have been using that but have to do the freeze method. Powder form would be so much better. Hugs Liz

Can you order it online? I get mine from Whole Sale Supplies Plus, but there might be another supplier in your area. Amazon also has it.

Liz thanks for suggesting Amazon. I live in Australia and for the life of me can't find it here so shall check out Amazon. Thanks for the heads up. Hugs

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back