Post your happy

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And it came out beautifully. John is very happy and so am I!

Attachments

• Sourdough Whte.jpg
    Sourdough Whte.jpg
    205 KB · Views: 20
I received my 25 oz bottle of RBO from Riceland today. $4.59 + FREE shipping. But that's not the good part... they used 4-oz bags of rice for packing material! Four little bags in all! I really don't know what to think or say. Oh, and a rice recipe cook book too.

My happy today... I have two loaves of white sourdough sandwich bread rising. This recipe has never failed me and I've been making it since I was a newlywed, way back in 1975. Technically it doesn't count as a true sourdough because it uses sourdough starter as well as yeast.
I've been contemplating trying to make a wheat free/gluten free sourdough bread. Is sourdough hard to make?

I've been contemplating trying to make a wheat free/gluten free sourdough bread. Is sourdough hard to make?

Not really; it takes more time because there's no added yeast but it isn't difficult. I used a recipe from the King Arthur website and it worked beautifully.

As for GF bread, my daughter was diagnosed with IBS a little over a year ago; it was shortly after that that I tried my first true sourdough bread (no added yeast). She was able to eat it with no issues. Normally, she's gluten intolerant, dairy intolerant, can't eat beef, or tree nuts, among other things.

The attached photo is my true sourdough, made this past weekend.

Attachments

• True Sourdough.jpg
    True Sourdough.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 17
It looks yummy. I can't have wheat, corn and certain nuts. So when I want a sandwich I have to make my bread. I'll have the apartment to myself this weekend so maybe I'll bake. [emoji1]
I almost forgot that I wanted to post a happy! I'm happy because for starters, it's Friday! I'm also happy because I think I've found and fixed all of the things I posted in my gripe. And I did it white eating Hershey's kisses and watching YouTube soap videos at my work station lol! My boss knows that I'm a happier worker when I have chocolate and/or soap videos [emoji1].
Sent from my Z828 using Soap Making mobile app

Last edited:
It looks yummy. I can't have wheat, corn and certain nuts. So when I want a sandwich I have to make my bread. I'll have the apartment to myself this weekend so maybe I'll bake. [emoji1]
I almost forgot that I wanted to post a happy! I'm happy because for starters, it's Friday! I'm also happy because I think I've found and fixed all of the things I posted in my gripe. And I did it white eating Hershey's kisses and watching YouTube soap videos at my work station lol! My boss knows that I'm a happier worker when I have chocolate and/or soap videos [emoji1].
Sent from my Z828 using Soap Making mobile app

Do you have a favourite recipe?

LA LA LA I AM NOT LOOKING !!!!

I bought a Resin Shed ($700 with a $500 gift card in return for buying it :nodding: ) from Ocean State Job Lot last Sunday. They said 10-14 it will be delivered to the Store.
It came Yesterday ! Course it was snowing so I will get it today or tomorrow.

Latest posts

Back