Post your happy

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This morning while doing the dishes, the view from my kitchen window was much like a Christmas card with a rabbit foraging for grass underneath snow; snow covering the upper surfaces of trees, etc. It snowed here overnight producing that lovely scene, but has since melted. That probably makes the rabbit happy because it didn't look like he was wearing his winter coat anymore anyway.

I scored a whole set of Lustre Craft stainless cookware on eBay for $71. Just like what I’ve used nearly 30 years. Giving it to the least’un since she is used to using mine and is setting up housekeeping while she is in there pharmacy school and the Future SIL is in PA school.

I'm not sure if this should be under "what soapy thing have you done" but it made me very happy! Last night we called maintenance because our bathroom sink started backing up. The young man was suppose to have the day off but he got called in to fix our sink. He was very helpful & nice so I have him 2 sample size bars of soap. He was so happy that he gave me $20 & told me to consider it a birthday gift! He wasn't able to fix the sink. A plumber is here now. But the maintenance guy did find the earring that I thought I lost in the bedroom or at work over a month ago. I had no idea it had fallen into the drain.

ROFL!!! DH bought himself some frozen blueberry waffles today & he's in the kitchen singing (& dancing as he cooks) "I've been waiting! For a waffle like you to come into my life!" He's singing the Foreigner song, I've been waiting for a girl like you but he's changed the words! His happy is making me happy lol!

Sent from my Z828 using Soap Making mobile app

Last edited by a moderator:
Plumber fixed the pipe in the walls in the basement that was spitting water for, we don't know how long, maybe two weeks or more. It took him all of 15 minutes and included adding a new shut off valve that also needed replacing. Then he repaired a leak from the base of our filtered water faucet so my kitchen sink no longer leaks out that beautifully filtered water out of the base of the faucet every time we go to get a glass of water or make tea or coffee.

Then, even more happy! Hubby enlisted plumber to give him instruction on how to fix a loose sink in the master bath (no biggie), then asked him to fix the unusable utility sink faucet in the laundry room (hasn't been usable since we moved in here 13 years ago) and learned all new faucet & fixings need to be installed (still not the biggie.)

Now here comes the biggie!

Hubby asked plumber to evaluate what's needed to fix an issue we expected would require a lot of time and some walls being torn out due to water leaking down the pipes all down to the basement from the second floor bathroom whenever the tub or toilet are used (we stopped using them when we discovered that.) After running a scope down the walls and so forth, he said the best solutions is to do a renovation of the bathroom since walls, toilet and tub need to come out in order to even identify how far down the stack this whole problem stems. Since with the repairing and replacing, etc. a big renovation is inevitable. (

Nope, still not the Real biggie!

After Mr. Plumber leaves, I tell Hubby that since we're doing a whole new reno of the upstairs bathroom, and that one of the walls with the sink is adjacent to my granddaughter's room, I want to install a kitchenette on the other side of the wall, meaning a reno of that room as well. I explained how I wanted to move my soapmaking up into that room (which he already knew about) but that without running water, a decent sink and counter space, it's pretty hard to do, and besides it could be used as an upstairs suite should we ever need it to be so for extended guests, etc. Wait for it...

You guessed it!

He jumped right on board with renovating the room to become a soaping studio with all the necessary plumbing, counter space and electrical outlets, etc. He got out his measuring tape and I grabbed a notebook and off we went, taking measurements, drawing up plans and compiling a list of what we need to buy and what we have already that we can use to make all these renovations (the list of rooms involved in reno has grown from one, to two and then three, then four and now it's at 5 different rooms. But the bottom line is, he is on board and eager to help get me an actual dedicated soaping studio set up! I am super happy about that. He even suggested a mini-fridge and curing racks and where they could fit into the plan!

I had the very happy job this afternoon of calling my husband to tell him he is going to be a father again - without the hassle of diapers or labor, haha. Finally - after 8 months of interviewing attorneys - found a lawyer who wasn't a) a complete butthead or b) ridiculously overpriced or c) both! to do my daughter's adoption. So, in 61 days give or take a week, my daughter will legally have a dad, and have the same last name as everyone (almost) in the house. [side note: the only one who will have a different last name will be my son, who has his dad's name.]

I had the very happy job this afternoon of calling my husband to tell him he is going to be a father again - without the hassle of diapers or labor, haha. Finally - after 8 months of interviewing attorneys - found a lawyer who wasn't a) a complete butthead or b) ridiculously overpriced or c) both! to do my daughter's adoption. So, in 61 days give or take a week, my daughter will legally have a dad, and have the same last name as everyone (almost) in the house. [side note: the only one who will have a different last name will be my son, who has his dad's name.]

Congratulations to you all!

:happybirthday: Ok not really a B-day but a Celebration !!!!! Congrats !
I have 2 kids, 2 different marriages NO ONE has the same last name lol They didn't want my 11 letter last name :rolleyes: lol

Here is my happy:

On the 16th, my goat delivered twins. Everything went well. It was fast, and the kids are healthy.

But, on the 17th, my doe was down. It was pretty bad. She was very weak, would not eat, was not interested in her babies.

I started dosing her with calcium, minerals, gave her shots, etc. When I went to bed, I was not sure she would be alive in the morning.

The morning of the 18th, she was up! She was eating! She was chewing her cud! She was caring for her babies!

Yay!!!

I was/ am so happy she made it!

That was my happy for the week.

Latest posts

Back