Quantcast

Post your happy

SoapMakingForum

Help Support SoapMakingForum:

Saffron

Reaction score
On the calendar is it, but tell that to the snow around here :(

happy : Finally picked a Name for my Farm/soap
Sorry about your snow :(. If it's any consolation, there's a mini Beast from the East heading towards us again...so that joy was short lived.

Congrats on deciding on a name. :thumbup:

Lin19687

Reaction score
Ah sorry was at funeral last night :(

Happy is that I met some nice people last night and stayed for 2 hours !

AND the snow we were suppose to get a foot of, only gave us 2 inches ............... even better my sister in NY got a foot !! hahahahaha

Misschief

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yesterday, I pulled my sourdough starter out of the fridge, in hopes of reviving it. It's been in there since last July. When I stirred it, it actually got fizzy and almost overflowed the jar! I guess it's still alive! Next weekend... sourdough bread!

Lin19687

Reaction score
Wow are you ever lucky !! Love Sourdough, but I forget it is there and then I toss it because I think it is bad.
I don't bake much anyway and I shouldn't be eating a whole loaf by myself. No one here likes it

Misschief

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wow are you ever lucky !! Love Sourdough, but I forget it is there and then I toss it because I think it is bad.
I don't bake much anyway and I shouldn't be eating a whole loaf by myself. No one here likes it
We love it but I don't always have the time to spend on it. That's why it's been in the fridge. I did make some sandwich bread (with added yeast) today with another jar of sourdough discard that's been needing to be used. Didn't turn out quite as well as expected but still edible. Next weekend will be a true sourdough loaf.

Generally speaking, if I'm not making soap, I'm cooking, baking, or fermenting something.

Misschief

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Getting my kombucha reactivated today. I like it in the spring/summer but not once the weather turns colder. It's been in hibernation all winter, too. Another happy? The sun is shining and it's supposed to be a lovely day here. And the grandkids will be here.

It's a good day. :nodding: