Post your happy

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Two things i am happy about today (yesterday):

I found the tea that my granddaughter liked so much last time I was here, but forgot where I bought it, I can order some online or go to Target. I plan to do both.

The lip balm I made yesterday works nicely under my nose to mask the unpleasant kitty litter odor. Tomorrow that box gets cleaned.

Can we post a happy and a gripe in the same post? LOL
I'm happy that I get to travel out of the country in a couple weeks for work - I'm griping because I have to travel out of the country in a couple weeks for work.
It's a double edged sword. I'm stressed because of such the short notice, and will going by myself and not enough cashola to do any travelling throughout Europe while I'm there, however, I'm beyond happy that I am blessed enough to be employed with a company that I get this opportunity that most people I know will never have.

I'm happy that I get to travel out of the country in a couple weeks for work - I'm griping because I have to travel out of the country in a couple weeks for work.
It's a double edged sword. I'm stressed because of such the short notice, and will going by myself and not enough cashola to do any travelling throughout Europe while I'm there, however, I'm beyond happy that I am blessed enough to be employed with a company that I get this opportunity that most people I know will never have.

There must be someone, somewhere that's experienced with Europe who can help you figure out some kind of touring or adventure you can have with short time and short cash. The goals may still be smaller than you want - but make the most of it. Can't see the major sites, maybe a drive in the country side where the "real" people live. Farmer's markets, coffee cafes, local history. Simply sit an enjoy the local culture and environment! I do hope you find some way to make it work! And share pictures; I'll probably never get to Europe.

There is almost no ice left on our driveway. Snow is another thing, but we can walk out to get the mail

Where will you be? My daughter and her husband have done a lot of international traveling and one of her favorite things to do is visit local markets. Pick up a few interesting things for lunch and go to a park or take a hike. I’ve only been to Europe once and still one of my most memorable meals was a baguette purchased from a street vendor in Paris and eaten while standing on a bridge overlooking the Seine.

I'm happy that Mike Lawson of Soapers Choice got back to me today about an issue I had with my last order from them. He said "I'll do whatever this takes to make this right for you."
WooHoo.gif

There must be someone, somewhere that's experienced with Europe who can help you figure out some kind of touring or adventure you can have with short time and short cash.
When our son got stationed in Germany with the Air Force, we said, "It's now or never!" and planned a month long trip to Europe -- started and ended in Germany. Bought a Rail Pass before leaving the States that allowed us 2 week's travel by train, boat, bus, subway, etc. for free all over, starting in Switzerland, 6 days in Paris, Austria, Lichtenstein. Went at the end of Sept into October, October Fest Season, and we went to several events -- including a parade in Grevenmacher, Luxumbourg, that featured floats from all the wineries in the area. There were lots of free things to do every where, all destinations were pedestrian friendly once we got there, we didn't need a car at all! The most fun was hanging out with the locals. We left home with $3,000 in Traveler's checks; and returned with $1,500. Now that's frugal!

@ Janel: Eat, drink & be merry! You're on an expense account!

ETA: Ditto what Dibbles said. In Paris, you can buy cheeses and meats by the slice, baguettes, and they'll even pop the cork on a split of wine for you. After paying for our goodies, we walked to the Tuileries across the street and had a picnic.

Last edited:
@ Janel: Eat, drink & be merry! You're on an expense account!
The flight is paid for and I will get reimbursed for the hotel but have to pay upfront out of pocket, and the cheapest hotel that is a preferred hotel of the company (the only one they will reimburse 100% instead of just 50% for all others that weren't that much cheaper) was $250 USD a night, and I will only get a per diem of $15 a day for food and drink, and $45 for total transportation - unfortunately everything else is out of pocket. So, no, not really on an expense account. :(

Where will you be?
Flying into Zurich, then have to take a train to Baar-Zug where my company has an office and where the event I'm travelling for will be.

Simply sit an enjoy the local culture and environment!
That's what it's going to boil down too.

I fly out on Sunday afternoon. Arrive in Zurich Monday afternoon, check into hotel, navigate and try to find my way to where I need to be the next day. Tuesday the event happens at 6:30am and ends late Wednesday afternoon, where then there will be an after-party. Thursday, I fly back home. Whirlwind of a trip, but I couldn't afford to shell out another $500 USD upfront for an additional 2 day stay, and all other amenities out of pocket.
Sounds like I'm complaining, I'm really not. And I plan on staying with this company until retirement (unless something drastic happens! LOL) so there will be other opportunities I'm sure. Hopefully I'll be a little more financially prepared then.

I am happy that it is cooler today.

A couple of days ago here in perth it was 39.3 degrees Celsius with 30% RH ... its autumn for crying out loud! We are now down at a nice 25 degrees with drizzle. Much more appropriate for autumn.

I finally had a good market this morning. Sold 9 crochet hats, 1 hood and a lot of multiple buys for soap. This is the best my market has been in a long time, and the most hats I have sold in one day. At $25 per hat and $40 per hood they add up nicely. Nice to have a good day at market especially when I was nervous leaving the parents alone. They were fine when we got home
cheer.gif

Flying into Zurich, then have to take a train to Baar-Zug where my company has an office and where the event I'm travelling for will be.

I love Zurich! My mom lived there for a while. But be prepared...it is a very expensive city.
You can catch the train directly from the airport. From what I remember the train station is two or three levels below Arrivals.
Hope you enjoy your stay in Europe. :)

I am happy -and unexpectedly surprised- that my best friend gifted me with her mothballed Galaxy 3 smartphone yesterday out of the blue (my first ever smartphone).

In the same vein, when I got home from work today, I found that my husband's boss had dropped off her no longer needed LG G4 for me. She upgraded and no longer needs it. I haven't had a cell phone of any kind since around 2002. (I do have an iPod and a tablet in addition to my laptop.) It's a learning curve.

Back