Post you ugly soap pics here - Troubleshooting thread

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Severe partial gel, this was stopped just before it overheated badly.
v7t6k3.jpg

Well caught!

It started off ok with the swirls until I decided it just wasn't pretty enough and I got out of bed and took a spoon to it. Should have walked away the first time :(

Green Irish Top Swirl.jpg

Green Irish Texture Top.jpg

Thats the exact reason I no longer try to texture tops if there are multiple colors. I can never leave well enough alone and over do it until the colors are muddled.

Thats the exact reason I no longer try to texture tops if there are multiple colors. I can never leave well enough alone and over do it until the colors are muddled.

Lesson learned. I gotta start applying the "if it ain't broken, don't fix it" approach.

Oil keeps seeping out of my soap that's still in the mold... help, is it going to have glycerine rivers?
10828026_10155562310955646_1629250860819668166_o.jpg

Not a troubleshooting issue, just an admission of massive failure. Fourth of July soaps using a new MP technique. Haaaaate.

11163768_910479645666768_7961607576145081173_n.jpg

Thank you , Galaxy. I like the way they look and LOVE the way they smell (Wasabi and Eucalyptus) but I was going for red "fireworks" curls in the clear base, and these are...not great. My boyfriend told me to take them off Facebook, they were that bad.

I was trying to do the same pattern as the black/gray/white soap but in yellow orange and pink with a thread of black. FUGLY! no troubleshooting needed- my FO accelerated and chunked up. FUGLY FUGLY!

IMG_0720.JPG

A, where did you get Wasabi and Eucalyptus (or did you blend it?) That sounds lovely. Does it stick well? You might like NG's Cucumber, Wasabi, Cilantro, it is one of my favorites.

Newbie, I hate to say it, but I like it when you expert-y types have a mishap. It makes me feel all warm and not so alone inside :)

Last edited:
Troll boogers?? I wanna see! I think it could be popular in a Harry Potter soap line. Eh? Yea? Ehhhhh????

Anyway, here's my awful soap...
uploadfromtaptalk1434503163981.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1434503179358.jpg

The second pic is where I cut the top maybe 1/8th to 1/4 inch off. Still looks gross. Think this is going into the rebatch pot!!

Galaxy, it looks great cut! Kinda like pixie barf in the pan but the cut bars are really nice. I think this one is salvagable, but then again, I'd say anything to get out of rebatching.

@not_ally, I used Wasabi in the colored bits and Eucalyptus in the clear, because BB's Wasabi goes yellowish. I gave on each to the air conditioner repair guys. Pretty soon, all of Orleans Parish will smell delicious thanks to the confused and grateful workmen who were "gifted" with my ugly soap.

And newbie, I love ya, but... yeah, so.... Your hair looks really shiny today!

Galaxy, it looks great cut! Kinda like pixie barf in the pan but the cut bars are really nice. I think this one is salvagable, but then again, I'd say anything to get out of rebatching.

@not_ally, I used Wasabi in the colored bits and Eucalyptus in the clear, because BB's Wasabi goes yellowish. I gave on each to the air conditioner repair guys. Pretty soon, all of Orleans Parish will smell delicious thanks to the confused and grateful workmen who were "gifted" with my ugly soap.

And newbie, I love ya, but... yeah, so.... Your hair looks really shiny today!

Was your ac broken? Mine was too. 3 day heat wave of 95+ kinda did it in. 2 buildings at work and then my home. Not a great week for ac...

And, you're too kind. Lol, pixie barf. I should call it that!

Newbie, I want to see the troll boogers too! That's a sentence I never thought I would utter in my pre-soaping life (along with "I'd like a 50lb box of lard, please").

Galaxy, I agree with G_O, I like it too. I vote against a rebatch.

You need to slice just a little more off. Look at what's underneath there! It looks good!

Okay, I admit to being lost. WTH are you talking about, Grumps? about my hair?? Perhaps I'm just old or not getting a cultural reference. So sad to be an old fart.

Voila le Troll Boogers. The first pic is a bar I squeezed hard in a fit of pique and the second is a set of trolls at the bottom and another stupid rebatch on top of them. I do hope they make you feel very warm and fuzzy. ;) Why are they sideways? They certainly don't look any better that way.

IMG_0736.JPG

IMG_0737.JPG

Back