Post you ugly soap pics here - Troubleshooting thread

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ballerina soap fail, part deux. The pink turned the muddy rose-ochre of bad ham and the tops look like hard yellow rinds of fat. Fatty ham soaps! Not the delicate satin slipper color I imagined. No, I haven't had the heart to do a third try.

20150214_203926.jpg

Thank you, newbie. I'm extremely frugal--okay, cheap--and hate to waste soap. Also, this may be my favorite scent combination ever. It really reminds me of my dancing youth--the rosin and rose and sweat and general perfumyness of young ladies.

Thank you, newbie. I'm extremely frugal--okay, cheap--and hate to waste soap. Also, this may be my favorite scent combination ever. It really reminds me of my dancing youth--the rosin and rose and sweat and general perfumyness of young ladies.

Got your message but it says your inbox is full so thanks for sharing! Will definitely check that out.

How is this for ugly? I tried to dip my loofahs and they were a lot bigger than expected once I soaked them so I just went ahead and made them. They are about 6" across so may be cutting in half once they are cured. Or just call them "manly" soaps as my son loves them and asked me to make BIG bars for him and his brother. Sure!

loofah soaps.jpg

How is this for ugly? I tried to dip my loofahs and they were a lot bigger than expected once I soaked them so I just went ahead and made them. They are about 6" across so may be cutting in half once they are cured. Or just call them "manly" soaps as my son loves them and asked me to make BIG bars for him and his brother. Sure!

Be careful about cutting them in half, I did this to my loofahs and they were very sharp to use.

Thanks for the heads up. I will leave them as they are. I ordered "normal" size loofas, the ones 3-4" wide. Will try again! I used Bamboo fragrance and it set up fast so they are nowhere near as smooth as I would of liked. Learn and grow.

I just had a minor one. I made honey shampoo bars and the honey settled a bit in the molds. There's an eighth inch of soap that's white as the driven snow, with the rest of the bar the nice golden-brown honey color.

It's minor, nothing zaps, but it looks a little strange. Next time, I'll stick blend to medium trace instead of light. Fortunately, these are just for us and it was only a pound.

My 3 months old soap that I scented it with Peru balsam not really much about 17 ml but it discoloured like when you use vanilla FO.

I made Applejack Peel from BB, what a wreck! LOL. Everything was going smoothly (soaped at 110 degrees), left it for 15 seconds came back and the FO separated from the batter, then riced REALLY badly, got it beat smooth, then poured it off for the colors. Got the colors in, it riced AGAIN. Then seized, and turned into playdoh. I was done with it at that point so I squashed it into the mold, and it was heating up. I let it gel, then the FO started oozing out the top... argh!
Waiting to unmold it now, see how it is in the middle....

Latest posts

Back