Poll: Which of the following is your least favorite when soaping?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which is it?

• Tons of dishes

Votes: 39 72.2%
  • Lining the molds

Votes: 5 9.3%
  • Massive preparations

Votes: 5 9.3%
  • fixing batches that are disasters

Votes: 10 18.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

goji_fries

Reaction score
For me it is a tie between cutting out wax paper to line the mold and having to do a hundred loads of dishes afterwards.

***Poll added

Last edited:
I hate washing the dishes, but I don't have a lot to clean; only make 2lbs at a time. I'm extremely allergic to Dawn, so I developed a system that greatly reduced the amount of dishes I needed.

The part I hate the most is gathering and returning the items needed for soaping. I have to use 3 storage places and one is in the garage closet, one upstairs, and one the living room.

No lining molds for one, both are silicone. The downside of that is they take longer for the soap to harden!

Funny, I don't mind the clean up much.

First I wipe clean the soapy utensils and bowls with the kitchen towel so raw soap doesn't go into the septic tank, then fill the bowl with hot soapy water to wash the scent off of everything before popping it all into the dishwasher; lastly I wipe the counters with homemade vinegar cleaner... does a great job.

The towel full of raw soap gets thrown downstairs where it will cure in time for the next batch of laundry... cuts laundry detergent use, boosts its cleaning power, and makes my laundry smell great!

I chose mass prep...even tho I dont do massive amounts at once, I as Lena above have to make several trips to different places at this time to get everything together..then once done I have to move it all back

I chose mass prep, too, which besides gathering everything from different storage places in the house, also includes planning out my coloring and swirling strategy, which I tend to agonize over. Everything else is fluff to me.

IrishLass :)

being a beginner(this choice is not part of the poll, but dishes is my least favorite of that) i must say my least favorite thing is the brain overload. :thumbdown: Love to learn, but there is only so much space each day for new ideas, ratios, techniques and all around chemist fun. My new theory is taking on one day/step/idea at a time!:clap:

I chose mass prep...even tho I dont do massive amounts at once, I as Lena above have to make several trips to different places at this time to get everything together..then once done I have to move it all back

I used to have to do that. Back n forth.

I chose mass prep, too, which besides gathering everything from different storage places in the house, also includes planning out my coloring and swirling strategy, which I tend to agonize over. Everything else is fluff to me.
IrishLass :)

Mass prep for a batch that goes bad is a double downer then you have to do the dishes later as the triple whammy force multiplier.

Funny, I don't mind the clean up much.

First I wipe clean the soapy utensils and bowls with the kitchen towel so raw soap doesn't go into the septic tank, then fill the bowl with hot soapy water to wash the scent off of everything before popping it all into the dishwasher; lastly I wipe the counters with homemade vinegar cleaner... does a great job.

The towel full of raw soap gets thrown downstairs where it will cure in time for the next batch of laundry... cuts laundry detergent use, boosts its cleaning power, and makes my laundry smell great!

Genius!

Latest posts

Back