Please reassure me!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mommycarlson

Reaction score
I was making two batches of soap today, my first mistake was answering the phone just as I was going to stick blend my first batch (it was my mom, sick dad, long story) so that got me all out of sorts. Batch went okay aside from some acceleration.....on to the next issue.

I made my second batch and forgot the sodium lactate! :headbanging:
What problems can I expect? Please tell me it's going to be okay.

All sodium lactate really does is make the soap firm up so you can cut sooner if you do not gel. Some people claim a boost to lather - but I have never noticed it. It will be fine - might take longer to be ready to unmold and cut is all

I use SL in many of my batches, but I agree with the others- you're soap will be fine. However, if your batch was an HP batch and you were going to use the SL to help make a smoother pour, your batter will be more chunky without it. Or, if you were using it to help your soap to unmold easier or smoother (i.e., without parts of the soap stubbornly sticking to the liner), you may need to stick your mold in the fridge or freezer before unmolding in order to compensate.

IrishLass :)

Thank you everyone! Big sigh of relief! Is there an imoji for that? :) I have just overall had an odd day, I hate when that happens. I should have just stayed in bed! :) Thanks again, hope everyone has a wonderful long weekend!

Back