Planer/beveler

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't have that item, and have ended up not using my planer since I don't have the hand-skills to plane soaps evenly. But if you do, that looks like a nice item. Stainless is great for easy cleanup, and it's nice to have two tools in one.

But the price on that seems pretty high for a very basic piece of metal that offers only one beveling option. I really like my Wild Plantanica router tool that offers so many different types of beveled edges.

If you have the room for two different items, then for half the cost of the combined planer/beveler, you could buy the Wild Plantanica router, and a basic planer like this one.

I have it and it is wonderful. I also have the router from Wild Plantanica that I use for beveling most of the time. Here is my planer story.

The first one I bought had a metal blade. The bars never came out flat - there was always a dip. I think it was because the gap for the blade was too wide. I hated it. It also took off a lot of soap. I then bought an acrylic planer, which I loved dearly. It shaved off a paper thin bit of soap and left the soap surface smooth. I dropped it and it broke. The company that made it was no longer in business. So I bought another acrylic one from a different place. It works well, but again takes off a lot of soap (by a lot I mean .25-.50 ounce). After several years I decided to go ahead and get the stainless planer. It is pretty perfect - planes a very thin piece from the soap. The beveler works well, but I rarely use it. If the money it costs is worth it to you, I'd recommend it.

I currently have an acrylic combo. Both pieces work, just not as well or easily as I would prefer. I rarely use it because it's time consuming. I have been invited to several craft shows coming up in the summer and fall. While I don't mind more rustic bars, but customers might?

What I like about the Stainless Steel is the durability. The cost seems high, but if the reviews are all positive, I'd probably buy it, too. But like @dibbles, I really love my acrylic planer, which hopefully I will never drop. But if I do I may go for SS, as I've looked at that before, too.

This tool can bevel 8 edges of one bar for just 6 second. 600 bars per hour! With the high polished look after beveling, you can easily charge at least $1-$2 per bar. In other words, you will make $600-$1200 extra profit per hour!
Did you mean to include a link to a specific tool? Thank you.

lol, good ad. lol I still can't afford $215 plus tax for a planer/beveler even with free shipping. I bought the display from Howells and it was $118. I thought that was alot of money and am having to do payments via klarna to do it. I do like her passion though.

Last edited:
My fav soap tool hands down is the Lilu soap planer and beveler. In fact as sort of a tool guy that has lots of all kinds of tools, it's in my top 5 tools ever. Well made, will last forever, looks like it did the day I bought it and I use it nearly every day.

I have it and it is wonderful. I also have the router from Wild Plantanica that I use for beveling most of the time. Here is my planer story.

The first one I bought had a metal blade. The bars never came out flat - there was always a dip. I think it was because the gap for the blade was too wide. I hated it. It also took off a lot of soap. I then bought an acrylic planer, which I loved dearly. It shaved off a paper thin bit of soap and left the soap surface smooth. I dropped it and it broke. The company that made it was no longer in business. So I bought another acrylic one from a different place. It works well, but again takes off a lot of soap (by a lot I mean .25-.50 ounce). After several years I decided to go ahead and get the stainless planer. It is pretty perfect - planes a very thin piece from the soap. The beveler works well, but I rarely use it. If the money it costs is worth it to you, I'd recommend it.
I like this. Is there an option to not use the beveler with that tool? Other than just not pushing it all the way through? I can’t tell from the picture or video. I realize you could just not line it up with the edge. I’m wondering if the beveling blade is removable. Actually I don’t think it is.
Do you both have the 3mm or the 5mm beveler?
I have an acrylic planer with a moveable blade, but it is hard to clean, the blade is fussy to get even with the face, and it’s hard to get a good clean face with it. I’m ready for an upgrade.

Last edited:
I own the MultiTrim Pro and I love it. There are two feet that hold it at the edge of a workbench or table. If I drop it nothing will break (except for my toe if it was in the way as this beveler is heavy stainless steel.) It can straighten mis-cuts, even out edges, and bevel. It takes off tiny bits when using the planing surface. Purchased the 5mm because I like the look of wide bevels. I love beautifully made tools. Planing or beveling soaps is very simple and fast with this tool. Am a new soaper and I wanted a planer tool that would not break, fall apart, splinter, etc. edited to correct spelling.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back