Pink Grapefruit & Tea Tree Oil salt soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

saltydog

Reaction score
I was so excited to make this soap that I couldn't sleep last night. Yes, my life's pretty lame, lol.

I used just a drop of rose clay for color and I split half n half Pink Himalayan medium coarse sea salt and regular fine sea salt, I just hope its not too scratchy.

I did the 1:1 water to lye just to dissolve, and then added Coconut milk for the remaining liquid at trace.

I hope the grapefruit eo sticks, i added a drop of lemongrass and of course the tea tree. Does anyone know if the tea tree is a good anchor for citrus?

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

They look great! My experience with lemongrass is that it is very strong and sticks. Not like an orange or lemon. I don't think it falls into the citrus category because it is a grass, not a fruit. I bet they smell great. :D

Your salt soap looks amazing!

I make tea tree salt soap and the smell seems to stick. Good luck with your soap retaining its smell.

So pretty saltydog!

I tried making my first salt bar last night, but went with individual molds since I'm too scared about the timing for cutting, but it looks like you have got that down! Your cuts are so clean and tidy.

Love the softness of the pink color too. If you could, could you update when you know how the pink grapefruit EO sticks? I've got that EO on my list of EOs to try and it would be nice to have a first-hand review if possible. :D

saltydog said:
I was so excited to make this soap that I couldn't sleep last night. Yes, my life's pretty lame, lol.
I think about soaps before I go to bed, too, so that makes two of us. Anyway, our soaps are so tastefully done. I love the color and the texture of them. They look soft and feminine. You are a wonderful photographer, too. I love looking at your soap photos. Thanks for sharing.

giantolive said:
So pretty saltydog!

I tried making my first salt bar last night, but went with individual molds since I'm too scared about the timing for cutting, but it looks like you have got that down! Your cuts are so clean and tidy.

Love the softness of the pink color too. If you could, could you update when you know how the pink grapefruit EO sticks? I've got that EO on my list of EOs to try and it would be nice to have a first-hand review if possible. :D

Thank you, all, for your replies! I usually make salt bars in a divided mold, too. This is not cut by me, it's the 9 bar birchwood slab from BB. Perfect for salt bars. I made a small 1# loaf recently, and cut it when it was very warm, and the slicing was fine, but you know how hovering over your soap is sometimes impossible, so yes, the divided or individual molds are my fave for salt bars. I will absolutely report back on how the fragrance sticks, it's good to hear that some of you have had success with it! I find ss to be tricky with scent overall.
Hope you like your salt soap, let us know what you think.

Francis said:
I think about soaps before I go to bed, too, so that makes two of us. Anyway, our soaps are so tastefully done. I love the color and the texture of them. They look soft and feminine. You are a wonderful photographer, too. I love looking at your soap photos. Thanks for sharing.

Ha! It's kind of annoying sometimes, isn't it? Keeps me awake.
I try with the photos- it's all in the stacking :wink:
Seriously, I've found out that my pics look the best when I turn off my flash and use as much natural light as possible.

Relle9- try them, they're super easy and soo nice!!

Ah, a divided mold. That makes sense!

I unmolded my salt bars and I'm looking forward to using them once cured. Hopefully the little tester bars will be ready in a couple weeks.

Latest posts

Back