Peach turned Cinnamon

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Paulie

Reaction score
Well, I made a 100% Lard, split it, added some orange mica to one half and left the other 1/2 alone. Added my scent (thought I grabbed Southern Peach and actually grabbed Cinnamon Sugar). Also added 1% Sodium Gluconate, and used filtered well water. There goes my pour swirl in my oval mold. Ugh, just wasn’t paying attention, now we will what it looks like When take it out of the mold. Used Zany’s Faux Sea Salt for my water.
IMG_20221128_165947688.jpg

Last edited:
Here it is cut, got 12 bars. I'm wondering if it is going to darken as it cures as I used Cinnamon Sugar from BB. I did go light on the fo. Time will tell. A little over 12 hours from pour to the cut. My husband was up and had to help me get it out of the mold. Thank goodness for those old Tupperware rolling pins! Good thing I didn't wait till later to cut, as you can see they started to break at the end of the cut. I'm going back to bed, it's 5:45 and I'm still tired lol. Good thing I checked it when I got up to get some water.
IMG_20221129_052712455.jpg

Last edited:
Those look fine, and I bet they smell great! They probably will darken with time; notice how there is a slight darkening around the edges already?

It looks like you used an oval PVC pipe as a mold, which is great. My favorite trick for getting the soap out cleanly is to put it in the freezer for about an hour. Then take it out and let it sit on the counter for about ten minutes. Then bang one end of the mold firmly on the ground (a concrete patio is great for this). The soap should slide out a lot more easily, due to the layer of condensation that will have built up between the soap and the mold due to the difference in the temp of the soap and the ambient temp.

Thank you AliOop, will do that next time. I also lined it with freezer paper. It turned out ugly as heck.
IMG_20221129_103808909.jpg

Wow, that is some crazy discoloration from your FO, for sure. Well, I bet it smells good, and it'll still getcha clean.

I didn't catch earlier that you used filtered well water. My daughter used to live in Washoe Valley, and that was some HARD water. Even with SG added, I'd be concerned about DOS and poor lathering. Have you had any trouble with that? FWIW, I bought a water distiller and love it. Gives me almost a gallon of distilled water in less than four hours. No more jugs from the store!

Oh wow, my ex lives in Washoe Valley, his house is the closest to the lake. Yes, our water is so hard, I use a Zero Filter, hopefully it will help. I usually add sugar to my water and forgot this time. Haven't really had any problems with DOS thank goodness. It does have a good scent. It'll be ok. My daughter said I should name it Ugly Ass Soap lol. These are Christmas gifts, one of these, one made with OO and scented with Lavender and Cedar. They'll get one of each and a peppermint lip balm. Lol, easy Christmas for me.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back