Pineapple, Coconut, Mango Soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
This was the soap I made yesterday. I put mango butter into my basic recipe. I used pineapple, coconut, and mango FO in it. Smells so good. It did develop a small crack in the top when it went through gel stage, but nothing major. I did an annatto seed infusion with my lye/water solution. My cheesecloth is now a lovely deep shade of orange....lol!

Pineapple Coconut Mango 002.jpg

I'm very interested in learning about how you used the annato seed. Did you put it into your lye bath and then strain the seeds prior to mixing your oil, or did you just make a tea with the water, and then add your lye? I'm thinking about coloring my oils for my next experiment :)

It DOES look like a piece of mango! This reminds me of a soap I used when i was on vacation in Mexico last year. it smelled like a tropical vacation!

Mmmm, more things to make me hungry ;-) Beautiful soap! I would like to know more about the annatto seeds and how they were used also.

There are 2 ways that I know of to infuse annatto seeds. The first way is to put warmed olive oil into a jar, add annatto seeds and store in a cool dry place, and shake the bottle every day.

The second way and the one I used for this soap was to put the annatto seeds into my lye/water container. Add my water, then add my lye like normal. Once the mixture was room tempurature, I strained the mixture through cheesecloth and put into my oils to soap. The heat from the lye/water solution cooked the colorant right out of the seeds. This is the method I read about on the soap-making-resource site and I wanted to try it.

Latest posts

Back