Pillar of Bliss/ Wax Melts/ Vybar

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pghsoapgirl

Reaction score
I'm using pillar of bliss wax from Natures Gardens. Do I need to add vybar?
I made one batch without and it has a better cold throw.
The rest of them I added 1/2tsp vybar for each pound of wax and 1.6 ounces of scent.
Am I doing something wrong? Will the cold throw get stronger if they sit for a week?
How do you guys make wax melts. Please I need advice

Is this a parasoy blend? Most melts/candles need a cure time, with soy needing the longest cure time of up to 5 days.
I don't use that wax so not sure about the vybar (I don't add it to the wax I use for my melts) however, too much vybar can bind your scent and you won't get any throw.
Could it also be a case of you being "nose blind" to your scent and that's why the throw seems weak? 1.6 ounces of scent is (IMO) a lot of scent and you shouldn't need to add anything to get a cold throw.

What wax do you use? If you don't mind me asking.
For melts, I use palm wax. I love it. It is so easy to work with, needs no additives, and only 6% FO (at most) and will have - in most cases - knock your socks off scent.

I also think that hot throw of melts depends a LOT on the type of melter used. Which is why I test for myself and if it's good enough for me and the melter I use, I consider it good enough. It would be impossible to test for every type of melter out there. (which is why businesses like scentsy recommend ONLY using their melters, because that's what they've tested for)

I'm using pillar of bliss wax from Natures Gardens. Do I need to add vybar?
I made one batch without and it has a better cold throw.
The rest of them I added 1/2tsp vybar for each pound of wax and 1.6 ounces of scent.
Am I doing something wrong? Will the cold throw get stronger if they sit for a week?
How do you guys make wax melts. Please I need advice

I started using Pillar of Bliss - possibly one of the best paraffin soy blends I found (I have progressed a lot since November!). With PoB, I use a little bit of vybar and between 6% and 10% fragrance, which sounds like what your using. I tend to go for closer to 10%, but it really depends on the scent. Are you getting your oils from Natures Garden too? (their oils are pretty nice). I usually burn my tester 24-36 hours after I make it with no issues.

I also started using palm waxes depending on the look I am trying to achieve with the melts - both starburst and feather palm waxes have been lovely to work with and I usually blend them with a bit of soy.

I have never made tarts, but decided I wanted to in order to have something different for some Thankyou gifts when a customer purchases multiple soaps, plus I want to use up some of my 1 oz sample bottles of fo a friend sent me. Must have a hundred or so samples. All I had to purchase were some clamshells! Cal Candle gave me this one to use, same one they use, and it takes up to a 16% load. Has anyone tried this wax? http://calcandlesupply.com/tart-wax-tw-30-all-natural-soy-tart-wax/

I have never made tarts, but decided I wanted to in order to have something different for some Thankyou gifts when a customer purchases multiple soaps, plus I want to use up some of my 1 oz sample bottles of fo a friend sent me. Must have a hundred or so samples. All I had to purchase were some clamshells! Cal Candle gave me this one to use, same one they use, and it takes up to a 16% load. Has anyone tried this wax? http://calcandlesupply.com/tart-wax-tw-30-all-natural-soy-tart-wax/

I personally haven't - I can't imagine needing a 16% load... May try it though just to say Ive done it. 16% sounds like a lot

Latest posts

Back