Pictures of my SOAP WENT WRONG.... LOL... PRETTY BAD!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jenrb1982

Reaction score
I posted a message earlier about a soap i made (or should I say tried to make)... well it tried to seize in the tub... finally got it into mold.... here's some pics of the product....

p1000872r.jpg
[/url]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

You can see how the liquid is oozing out of the soap.... don't know if it's lye or not, didn't care to check, just got it out of my mold and set it aside.... I will deal with that later.... Suggestions Welcome, lol[/img]

Thanks for sharing pics. And I do sympathize with you. I have been soaping for 8 years and I had my very first soap on a stick this week, so now I know what everyone is talking about. My soap is even uglier than yours.

The two fragrances I mixed together were both New Directions - Ocean Breeze FO and Ivigorating Blend EO. Half and Half. I have used lots of ND and never had it happen before. Smells good though.

I am still going to use it but I won't be sharing it.

Take care. Laurie

Eek! I don't know what to tell you, but just keep on trying! I've found there is a huge learning curve to soap making, much more than people realize. But that's what makes it fun!
You have my sympathies on this batch, but try and try again!

Grate it up and rebatch. I'll bet it will be fabulous to use but probably not the prettiest. :D I love using rebatched soap. (Just hate making it LOL) Good luck.

yes, dump it in a crock pot and hp it. You don't have to grate it if it's fresh soap just cut it into cubes and mash mash mash when it starts cooking. It will be easier to do it now that later.

Rebatch! If it's a small batch, cube it and zap in the microwave a minute at a time. Keep an eye on it, or it may volcano. You can whip it with a handmixer, if you'd like to lighten it and smooth it more before glopping it into your mold. Have fun!

I would rebatch as well if all your other measurements were correct. Keep good notes, so if you decide to make the same soap again you will know. If a soap seizes in my soap pot, I let it go to gel, right in the pot or I add some lecithin to slow the mix down.

It doesn't zap

but I am afraid that something else might be wierd... the colorant I used caused it to smell awful.... like hair dye chemicals.... It actually isn't that bad now that all that liquid that was seeping out has gone away.... we'll see.... It would be my first rebatch... I'm kinda excited, kinda nervous....

Back