Pet Peeves!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've only one teeny hubs pet peeve, hardly worth mentioning. Every morning he brings me coffee in bed (I know, he's a sweetie pie) but sometimes the cup is too full and it sloshes onto the quilts and then I have to do an extra load of laundry. I'm no complaining. Everytime I pull this quilts from the dryer I think how lucky I am he brings me the coffee in the first place. But still...

One more non hubs peeve? When someone tries to shove the whole bar of soap into their nose while sniffing. I mean, ewwww. Does it smell any better if it's IN your nose? That was a big reason I began completely wrapping my soaps. It was just to disgusting to watch someone shove a bar up there.

Deda said:
One more non hubs peeve? When someone tries to shove the whole bar of soap into their nose while sniffing. I mean, ewwww. Does it smell any better if it's IN your nose? That was a big reason I began completely wrapping my soaps. It was just to disgusting to watch someone shove a bar up there.

i have a friend like this. she always leaves my house with something on her face cuz she shoves the bars up her nose almost!

I'm a sensory driven person ... and a pet peeve of mine is wrapped soap. I'll only buy soap that I can feel and smell!

Here's one that occurred to me this morning as I drove to work, while signaling to the offending driver using "sign language" to let them know of my displeasure.

The left lane on the interstate.

The left lane is there so faster traffic can pass slower traffic. All slower traffic should stay to the right. It's quite simple really. If you are going slower, or at speed limit then stay to the right. If you need to pass someone then go into the left lane.

DO NOT use the left lane as your personal cruising lane. DO NOT force me to illegally pass you on the right because you are a douchenugget. DO NOT decide that the most fun thing in the world is to get into the left lane and stay even with a slower vehicle in the right lane, thus blocking off both lanes of traffic. Grrrrrrr!

Fyrja said:
.....SNIP... DO NOT decide that the most fun thing in the world is to get into the left lane and stay even with a slower vehicle in the right lane, thus blocking off both lanes of traffic. Grrrrrrr!

Uhmmm I actually do that to people who are tailgating me.... ooops :oops:

Pet Peeve - same as one of Sibi's - I cannot stand crumbs, jelly, anything that is not butter in the butter!!! How hard is it to why your knife on the edge of your bread before going back for more butter?

This was a fun read lol.. Thank you and I feel for all of you - especially the spelling/grammar police lol.. I feel like nails are scraping a chalkboard when I hear someone say "shpanks" instead of "thanks"

Another pet peeve of mine, is when people look at me like I am the idiot when I do point out little flaws (not casual convo - we all use slang - but business things that have reputation attached) Someone looked at me like I had three heads when I told her - "you can't end a sentence with a preposition"

(reason for editing: to correct my sad attempt at irony by mis-spelling lol... I just had to fix it)

Ah, the preposition thing. In my heart, I'd love to stick to that rule, but the realitynis that the rule is obsolete even in business writing. *I* do rewrite sentences to avoid it, but as with you, if I mention it I get that look. I think it's one we will have to let go of.

Or rather one of which we will have to let go.

See?

(and I shouldn't have started a sentence with "or", I know)

What? It's obsolete?!? I'm bringing it back - they are even taking cursive handwriting out of the school's curriculum... where will it end.. I suppose next I'll hear it's okay for put the word "I" at the end of the sentence lol

Healinya said:
What? It's obsolete?!? I'm bringing it back - they are even taking cursive handwriting out of the school's curriculum... where will it end.. I suppose next I'll hear it's okay for put the word "I" at the end of the sentence lol

Who would think of such a thing? Not I. :lol:

Thanks btw, for the entertainment, ladies. When the thread disintegrated into a husband bashing fest, I was practically falling off my chair. :lol: I don't even want to get started on mine, but here's just one small one. Pile of dirty clothes right NEXT to the dirty laundry hamper. Not IN it, nooo.

I've been following along on this discussion and enjoying it. I know...I know...it's not enjoyable for the people who have to deal with it but some of the comments made me giggle. I also have some of the same pet peeves about grammar and traffic.

To be fair, I realize that sometimes I've also ended sentences with a preposition although I try not to. :wink: (Giggling now. Couldn't resist.)

I'm just surprised there hasn't been anyone who has mentioned spammers.

My major pet peeve is when these scummy %$# join and post questions which may appear like a legitimate enquiry but are actually a sneaky way to get an active link onto the forum. Then these active links sit on the forum (like turds by the side of a path) and actually help these scuzz raise their positions on search engines. Grrr....I...hate...spammers. :evil:

eta: Also by posting these links; who knows? They may get the added bonus of someone clicking on it and buying something from the site.

It's not the slower traffic that annoys me. It's the people who use the fast lane and drive slower, thus blocking it off that make me want to eat glass.

Don't even get me started on my feelings about merging. I can go on for hours. Let's suffice to say that one of my coworkers came up from behind me yesterday as I was merging onto the interstate. He cut me off from merging into the lane I needed to get into and I ended up in the grass on the side of the road as I had to swerve to miss him.

He's going to be sorry when I see him today, he will get an earful. I don't care if he gets embarrassed, he had no business driving like that.

trishwosere said:
My main pet peeve is when people use the letter 'f' instead of 'th'...I fought instead of I thought, I fink, I'm going frough, the list is endless. It really emphasises the consensus that us Brits are thick :lol:

My step mother does this! Absolutely bonkers! She want to come wif me all the time.
And I also agree with the proofreading, I hate when I'm reading a book and a word is wrong or they have run on sentences with no punctuation and you have to read it twice because (your) not sure what the original thought was.

Third peeve- not knowing the difference between you're and your. :roll:

Incompetence, it totally ticks me off. I worked for a company in NYC that from the top down everyone was so **** incompetent i almost had a nervous breakdown. My boss was an overpaid idiot, the accounting department was useless and my assistant should have never been allowed to set foot in the office. I spent more time fixing her stupid mistakes than doing my other work.......ugh! It was AWFUL! I eventually did quit and never regretted it for one second.

Also, hubby always decides he need a snack right after i have cleaned the kitchen and while I am making soap or something of that nature.....grrrr :twisted:

While we're on husband pet peeves. Mine decides he needs a snack while I'm cooking dinner. Why? Because the smell of the food makes him hungry! Heaven forbid he wait 20 minutes to eat, he needs it now now now!

Grrrrrrrr! :evil: I can't even tell you how many times I've chased him out of the kitchen brandishing a spoon like it was a freaking mace.

I have a pet peeve with idiot drivers. Every day we encounter these fools and they have no idea who they are. They drive too slow. They drive too fast. They do not signal. They take up two parking spaces or park in handicapped spots when they should not. They have a lead foot on the brake. They make me honk my horn because of their stupidity. They basically think they own the road. This is my biggest pet peeve.

My "petty" pet peeve are people who insist on wearing socks with sandals. Not only does it look unattractive, but it makes no sense at all. Socks belong with shoes. Sandals belong with bare feet. Enough said...

Fyrja, you have to look into getting what I call my "Sally spoon" and use it on your husband before dinner. It reminds me of the spoon the character Sally (from Nightmare Before Christmas) had stuck in her sock. It is HUGE and I use it to threaten my son and his friends when they don't listen to me. Unfortunately, they all seem to enjoy getting a smack on the butt with it and they purposely provoke me into chasing them down with it. One of them even let me practice on his behind, with his mom present- so don't call child services- so I could get my snap down so it would sting a little but not too much. Not as effect as I would like, but they all know I mean business when they hear the drawer open, even if they do squeal and take off, hoping for a chase.

Next to a regular teaspoon and a normal ladle:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Pet peeve: complete lack of common sense. Some of the questions I get... it's a miracle the world runs at all.

Most recent pet peeve: my neighbor who recently called the police on my 12 yo son for skateboarding down the street, which isn't even illegal. When confronted, she repeatedly denied calling the police, then said, "Yes, that's when I called.... talked to him." I hate liars, especially bad ones, and old ladies who have lost all perspective on what's important in the world. If I ever become one, I hope someone will shoot me.

I forgot to add people who don't know when to use "me" and "I" or "good" and "well". I've pounded good grammar into my kid's head. He was invited for a weekend birthday party with a friend and spent the whole weekend correcting the parents' grammar. Needless to say, he was never invited again. He was young and didn't get the etiquette issue. The etiquette issue got taught when he corrected his teacher's grammar in front of the whole class. But seriously, shouldn't a teacher know how to speak well?

*bump*

Oh this is definitely a thread I could write on for days, but I'll just write a few for now.

I think I experience most of my pet peeves while driving. While I'm not the type to go all road-rage, I do sit and stew in my car and convince myself the other driver(s) is the **** devil. Not using turn signals, not driving 5mph over the limit like a normal human being, people who INSIST on staying in the fast lane at all times while not going above the speed limit.

Pet peeves from my job (home health nursing): People who cannot spell correctly in the charts. These are actually LEGAL documents, learn how to spell. One woman I work with spells even the most simple of words wrong, and I **** you not, these are some examples of what she does.. "Trudy scrapped her keen in bathroom" "John watch C.I.S: Miami" She seriously must be dyslexic, as she's constantly moving letters around in words, and she'll often leave letters off the end of words. Another woman charts the exact same thing every time she's there. (We're actually convinced she writes it as soon as she gets there, and then actually doesn't do anything). People using precise times in notes. Nobody cares if you got there at 8:57 as opposed to 9. You're not getting paid an extra 3 minutes, so just write down 9, dammit. I'm sure there's other nurses out there I could bitch with all day about this sort of stuff.

Pet peeves of my (ex)boyfriend: Setting the alarm clock 30 minutes before he actually intends to wake up, and thus pressing the snooze button 4 times before waking up. WHY?! I'm an incredibly light sleeper, and I'm the one who has to nudge him to turn off the clock. How about you set it for the time you ACTUALLY want to wake up, and get your lazy ass up then? Another pet peeve, and this may just be completely silly, is that he drinks cans of soda really fast. They're usually gone within 5 minutes of him opening it. I'll go to take a sip of his drink 10 minutes after I brought him a can, but it's already empty.

I think my pet peeves are more like pet hates, as some of them just fill me with rage.

Latest posts

Back