Road Rage? Insurance Fraud Attempt? Who even does this stuff???

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cerelife

Reaction score
First let me say that that I work in a busy hospital and I try to reduce stress outside of my job any way that I can!
I have a 48 mile commute to work and I make it slightly longer by choosing to take 2-lane country roads rather than the highway. I prefer the beautiful scenery and less traffic for a peaceful drive and I don't mind getting up a little earlier to have a Zen commute rather than arriving to work already stressed out. I usually arrive at work at least 20 minutes early because when you take rural roads you never know when you're going to get behind farm equipment or Pawpaw out for a leisurely drive so I give myself plenty of time for stuff like that. My point is that I'm rarely in a hurry on my way to work in the morning.
Yesterday I'm driving along and there's a car sitting at the stop sign on a side road on my side of the road. This is a straight stretch with excellent visibility on either side and I'm the only car in sight. I assumed the driver would pull out onto the roadway so I slowed down a bit from the 55mph (stated limit) I was driving to give them plenty of room to come up to speed. But the car just sat there until I was maybe 3 car lengths from them and then pulled out in front of me!! Even with my reduced speed I had to slam on my brakes to avoid hitting the car. I DID hit my horn maybe a little too long, but REALLY?? Then this car proceeded to drive less than 30mph in a 55mph stretch of road. I don't tailgate, but it does take a lot of concentration to creep along (keeping your distance) behind a car that's going slower and slower even if you're not in a hurry. So after a couple of miles of this we got to a clear area where it was safe to pass the car. As soon as I pulled around to pass; the driver gunned the engine and tried to block me - like I went from 24mph to 83pmh just to get around them!!
So I'm thinking "Were they TRYING to get me to hit them when they pulled out in front of me? When that failed were they trying to get me to rear-end them by driving so slow? And now they're mad it didn't work?"
Whatever...it's their problem. The only thing I possibly did wrong was to toot my horn at them perhaps a little too long - like maybe a 3 second toot.
But then about 5 minutes later when I get into the city this same car pulls up beside me at a red light and the woman in the car starts screaming obscenities at me. I look over and she has 2 small children in the car with her. WHAT??? Are you insane?? Those poor babies.

Oh my gosh, my heart is pounding just reading about that. I've had the same thing happen, and the person in the other car was so bent on making their point, it was shocking. But with kids in the car - that's just awful. I might have called the police since she was probably tweaking.

Glad you’re okay. I would have take a picture of her plate and called 911 to report her as a drunk driver.

Back