People soap on dogs

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
But not everyone likes anise-fragranced soap. Personally, I am not a fan, although I used to chew on fennel sprigs because they taste so much like anise. (It grew in our neighborhood.) And I have always enjoyed eating licorice, especially with popcorn at the movies. Anise-flavored tea is not my cup of tea (pardon the pun) however, but luckily I have a neice who loves it, so when I bought some once to try it, I was able to give it to her.

Said niece also loves anise scented soap. But her husband dislikes it so much he insists she not shower with anise fragranced soap before bed. He doesn't mind if she uses it in the morning, because he's off to work and the scent fades before he comes home from work.

Maybe I wouldn't mind it so much if were in a mix like you used DW, but alone, I just can't abide it.

I can't stand the taste or smell, even if it's only a tiny bit

I find anise/licorice is love it or hate it fragrance. Cilantro, too. I think they'd be great together!
I tried to dupe a Zum lavender soap (based on a formula cited here; I've never laid eyes on such a soap, let alone nose) that was 2:1 lavender:anise. I think next time I'll up the lavender, as I could really only smell licorice. I like it but the kids hate it!

Latest posts

Back