Peak 50% off sale on sample packs

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yes, the first time I used Wild Mtn. Honey it seized up on me in an instant. I was experimenting with coconut milk too using the split method. Tried it again...soaped cooler, skipped the coconut milk and it turned out fine.

I did not have any problems using Cran. Apple Marmalade (CP).

Ok, I wasn't planning on ordering any FOs from Peak, but couldn't pass up the sale! :lol: I got:

apple blossom
black canyon
blackberry sage
coconut lime verbena
macintosh apple
orange blossom
sage and lemongrass
twilight woods (ordered before and like this one a lot)
wild berry musk
cranberry citrus

I just placed an order today with Peak. First time ordering from them, but such a good sale it's too hard for me to pass up :lol: Hoping these all will do well for me in cp soap..Here's what I got:

Wild Mountain Honey

Coconut Milk- Hope this one will smell nice after the cure, haven't found a
good coconut fragrance that I like in cp yet

Warm Vanilla Sugar

Georgia Peach- Hope this one's true peach scent in soap after cure, haven't found one yet, that I'm very happy with

Black Canyon- Read good reviews on this one for a nice men's fragrance

char, read post above about wild mt honey issues, also, black canyon discolors alot, so dont even bother trying to color it.

honor435 said:
also, black canyon discolors alot, so dont even bother trying to color it.

You could always color it with activated charcoal to make a black soap that would go along with its name.

IrishLass :)

Hazel, thanks for the info about Sugar Cookie. It smells great OOB. Its nice to know the lather stays white. I was really turned off by the yellow/brown bubbles with Pink Sugar.

I have all these samples (about 60-70) and I keep smelling thinking candle or soap? I think I may just do the cranberry marmalade in a candle. I posted a separate topic on the Wild Mtn Honey. Loved it!!!! The entire downstairs smells so nice. I was going to add a touch of Peak's Orange Blossom to the Wild Mtn Honey, but they smelled very similar OOB, so I just used straight Wild Mtn Honey.

I just soaped the cranberry apple marmalade and had no issues. It smells really nice for fall.

Also did hot cocoa, chocolate fudge brownie, blackberry sage, cranberry citrus and the spiced cranberry. The cranberry apple marmalade was my fave of the three cranberries.

p.s. I did individual sample bars, not entire batches - regrettably I haven't been on a soaping frenzy - I'm trying to narrow down what to do for fall/holiday gift giving.

I just realized I didn't post what I had ordered.

Apple Blossom
Apple Jack & Peel
Bayberry (for soy melts)
Birthday Cake (OOB - yum...but I bet it's going to discolor)
Black Raspberry Vanilla (for niece who loves raspberry scents)
Black Canyon
Brown Sugar & Fig
Cedar Fragrance
Cranberry Citrus
Cucumber Melon (a sister's request - I was surprised how nice it smells OOB)

Gardenia
Heather
Hyacinth
Juniper Breeze
Key Lime
Lavender
Lilac
Magnolia
Nag Champa (not sure yet - soap, incense or melts?)
Pink Sugar (I decided to try since so many people raved about it)

Purely Peppermint
Rose Bouquet
Sage & Lemongrass (I love lemongrass and it smells super strong OOB)
Spruce Christmas Tree (kicking myself now I didn't get Spruceberry)
Stargazer Lily (OOB - nice)
Sugar Plum Berries
Sweet Pea
Vanilla Hazelnut (OOB...yummy but I may use in melts)
White Lily & Amber
White Tea & Ginger

Freebie: Banana Nut Bread

The irony about receiving all these scents is my sister just asked me for a batch of unscented. :( So I'm going to have to be very organized if I want to make a scented batch this weekend.

Latest posts

Back