Patchouli Rose FO?

Soapmaking Forum - Soap & Candle Forums

Help Support Soapmaking Forum - Soap & Candle Forums:

ozarkscents

Reaction score
I have a customer asking about a Patchouli Rose soap. Is there a fragrance oil somewhere, someplace or should I mix my own? I have Patchouli essential oil, but not fragrance oil.

If I mix my own, I'm assuming the Patchouli would quickly overpower the rose?

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
There may be a Patchouli Rose FO somewhere; I guess I would google it to see if there is one offered by a supplier, but I think you could blend your own. I would do the standard blend trial of drops of your favorite rose and drops of patch on a piece of paper then putting that in a plastic zip lock baggie for an hour or so. Open it up and take a whiff and see if you like the blend. It gives you the ability to try different ratios without wasting your FO and very precious patch EO.

It's a matter of taste for sure but lavender mixes with patch in a 1:4-6 ratio is very nice. It just adds a deeper note to the lav without being overwhelmingly patchouli, which some people don't like.

KristaY

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've tried a couple of patch Fo's and haven't been at all happy with them. The FO is nothing like the beautiful, deep EO. So I make all my blends with the EO just as Newbie suggested. I always start with a Q-tip, one end dipped in patch and the other end dipped in whatever I want to blend it with and drop it into a zip baggie. I wait an hour or so then adjust the scent based on what I want. I recently did a blend of half patch with half Water Orchid (WSP). I seriously hated it at first because the water orchid was so strong but I decided to give it time. I'm so glad I did! The scents slowly blended and matured so after about a month it's absolutely lovely. Patch blended with any floral is just beautiful so I'm sure you'll be happy with Rose.

Just as an FYI, I've blended patch with 4 different florals. I ended up doing a 50/50 split between the scents, using a total of about 0.7oz ppo. Since both are usually strong scents I go a bit lighter and it's worked well for me. Good luck!

ozarkscents

Reaction score
Thank you! I've ordered English Rose Fragrance Oil from BB. I never thought of mixing Patchouli with a floral. I always mix it with lavender EO. I think this has opened up a whole new adventure!