Palm Oil, Homogenized from SC

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tkine

Reaction score
I was wondering a couple of things. I'd like to get the Homogenized Palm Oil-50# from SC. I hate melting down & stirring my palm. I was wondering if anyone else has used this type.

Also, I'm in Central Indiana, & it has been a bit warm for the fall. It has gotten into the 80s, & looks to be from mid 60s to mid 80s for the 10 day forecast. Would it be too warm to order/get the HomogPO now (I'm totally out)? Will it be melted and separate again, making me have to melt 50# worth? I can get smaller amounts or regular Palm, but would like the convenience & price difference of the 50#.

TIA for your help.

Theresa

At 80 degrees my palm is plenty solid but you could just ask the seller what they think. Do you know if this type of palm oil uses a different sap value because of the change in the fatty acid profile?

I've used this type of Palm Oil, I've never seen it go to a liquid, even when it reached 100 in July. The consistency is just like Crisco. Spectrum makes one that is organic and sustainable, although I usually buy another source for larger amounts.

Latest posts

Back