OT - Holiday menu

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Our little prime rib. We've finally settled on the menu. In addition to this little piece of meat, we'll have Yorkshire pudding, mashed garlic potatoes, lots of veggies, and gravy. For dessert, there will be pumpkin pie, orange pound cake, flourless chocolate cake, and gingerbread cake. Whipping cream and vanilla ice cream will be available for topping.

We'll also have appies available so that my daughter's bf doesn't eat all the prime rib on his own. That man has a voracious appetite!

20181223_082745_HDR.jpg

Buns. I'm making buns. Husband's sister is doing EVERYTHING for Christmas Day (she was one of the drama instigators for the T-day dinner that was held at my house) and refused to do Christmas Eve so that my family could do Christmas Day (years past this hasn't been a problem). My family has decided to wait until Friday to celebrate, and my baby sister is hosting. We are all terribly nervous. Last year she hosted Christmas Day, we showed up and she was still in bed. Thank goodness my mom had made the turkey and we found a box of instant mashed potatoes and a can of corn in her cupboards. After eating the meager meal, my sister went back to bed and the rest of us awkwardly hung out in her living room until we decided it was time to open presents. So this year... after she volunteered and then told us to "bring whatever you want" we have been messaging behind her back to make sure no one doubles up. So I'm on board for smashed brussel sprouts, green bean casserole, and sweet potatoes.

ETA: I've suggested to my husband that next year we take a family vacation instead of doing gifts and visiting family. We're both exhausted from this year's drama.

We’re going out for Chinese. Both my husband and I are transplants to our area and it’s become tradition for us. Usually it’s just us and maybe a friend or two but this year my husband decided he wants to include everyone. There may be up to 10 of us at the buffet this year which will be a bit of a change.

We’re going out for Chinese. Both my husband and I are transplants to our area and it’s become tradition for us. Usually it’s just us and maybe a friend or two but this year my husband decided he wants to include everyone. There may be up to 10 of us at the buffet this year which will be a bit of a change.
When I was little, my family had a similar tradition, one that I tried to keep with my boys when they were little. Every year after we decorated the tree, we'd either go to my parent's favorite Chinese restaurant to dine in or we'd get Chinese take out.
This year is the first year in a while that we've been able to celebrate Christmas. It'll just be me & Ken as all of our kids are grown & most live out of state. We decided on a meal of favorites: fried pork chops, garlic mashed potatoes, gravy & green beans. If Ken remembers to pick up more gluten free flour & fresh cranberries on his way home from work today then I'll make cranberry sauce and a sweet potato pie for dessert too.

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to you all! [emoji318][emoji319][emoji301]

Back