Organizing advise

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

awi

Reaction score
Okay, I am trying to find a way to better organize my supplies. My biggest peeve is trying to pour oils out slowly and it starts to run down the side making a huge mess. What do you all think about putting liquid oils into a condiment style squeeze bottle. They seem like you could get better control when measuring. You can get them really cheap and they have a little cap that snaps onto the top. Any opinions on whether or not this would work or any better suggestions???

Keep them in a bucket or can that has a good seal. Use a cup to "ladel" the oils out as you need them.

If you had some money to spend, you could get a small cone bottom tank with stand and put a valve on the bottom.

awi, I use 1 litre plastic bottles with an easy-to-pour lid. I decant the liquid oils into these and have sanity restored. I find it much tidier, and I have clear labels on the bottles.

If you make big batches I think Donnie's idea to ladle out the oils would work well.

I have had this problem too. Haven't been doing enough to be bothered by it yet. How about the bartender style pour caps that they put on the bottles? No idea what they are called or if they would fit your bottles but....

I keep a plastic "scoop" inside each of my containers of hard oils (coconut, palm, shea butter chunks, etc). For "jugs" of oil like castor, sweet almond, etc., I store them on top of a few layers of paper towel in a cabinet so soak up stray drips.

I like using the restaurant squeeze bottle/ladle method depending on if the oil is hard/soft etc...

I organize evvverything.... input my inventory onto Soapmaker... :) and awaaaay I go

Do you make very small batches of soap?

I scoop my hard oils out of a 50 lb bucket with a big ss spoon; I pour my olive oil out of a 3-litre can; my castor is already in a 16-ounce bottle with a squeeze cap.

Which oils are you speaking about?

Latest posts

Back