Orange EO

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ilovedoxies

Reaction score
I found some orange EO at the Drug Emporium. I'm going to use sweet orange tea in my liquid and I'm wondering...

I assume that this is highly concentrated stuff because the container is so small so how many drops or the EO do you use per pound?

Are you wantiing to scent the soap with orange? I have found orange FO to work much better than EO for scenting.

You can also get 5x orange EO.

Digit

I used about 1oz ppo when i made orange soap and the scent was still faint... Id advise that you used a fixitive like orris root powder to help keep the scent in the soap :)

I think orange is one of the weaker EOs.

The bottle is small *probably* not because it is consentrated, but because of where you got it.

I bought a little 2oz bottle of castor oil at the drug store once. For what I paid I could have gotten 2# online, but I had to have it that minute.

I use sweet orange quite alot in my blends and love it. I do use orris root powder in all of my soaps to help fix the scents.

I use about 15 - 20 ml per pound of oils and always add them at the last moment. I haven't used it by itself since I don't find it holds as well that way. I have found that it combines very nicely with most other oils.

My next purchase will be one of the 5 fold oranges since they are said to be much more concentrated.

Thanks everyone for your advice. I'm still learning.

I'm going to buy some vanilla FO next and mix it with that and see what I get.

Brooke

I use sweet orange eo and never had problems. I still have a soap i made two years ago with sweet orange/clove and I can still smell the sweet orange eo!

They also make a 10X decolorized that is wonderful. I use it in my goatsmilk soap. Mixes nice with Lavender too but great on it's own.

Sudsy Bubbles

pink-north said:
Hey IanT,

I want to use orange EO as well. How much orris root powder should I use and when in the process do I add it? :)

Id say 1-2 tsp per pound of oils added at trace ? could be off ! :) hth!

Latest posts

Back