Orange and clove bars

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chicklet

Reaction score
I used the same recipe for these as I did for my amyris bars. That one behaved beautifully, this one was a nightmare. I didn't let the lye or oils cool down as much and it went to thick trace fast! So much for a fax funnel swirl. I flopped it in the mold and did a hanger swirl - it was NOT easy getting that hanger thru soap that thick. Turned out much better than I thought it would except for the red color. I used red Moroccan clay and it looks like thin sliced ham. :) Love the scent - blood orange and clove EOs.
image-5_zps73f34cf1.jpg

You probably got acceleration from the Clove EO...and Moroccan Red Clay can look quite "fleshy" or peach instead of red...but I think your soaps look great! No one needs to know it was supposed to be a red hanger swirl! :lol: Bet it smells great too!

Thanks, Shawnee. :) I got the scent combo idea from you - and I appreciate it because I love this combo. I'm glad to know about the clove - I'll be more careful next time and work faster. After I got it in the mold I took it outside and banged the mold down on the deck railing about 25 times, it was that thick! I'm tickled with the orange color - that's carrots and infused paprika. The purple is infused alkanet.

chicklet said:
Thanks, Shawnee. :) I got the scent combo idea from you - and I appreciate it because I love this combo.
Oh! No wonder that sounded like a good idea! :lol: Bwahahaha!
Glad you liked it...

Latest posts

Back