Opinions on soap bases needed please!!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LunaLe

Reaction score
Hi everyone!

I'm new to soap making and last night I made my first soap using melt and pour. I used a goat milk base from Our Earth's Secrets that I got off of Amazon. I haven't used it yet, but I plan on it today.

Does anybody have any experience with this base? Does it hold up well over time or is there a better base for longevity? I only bought this base because the reviews on Amazon were good and it was the most cost efficient for me, but I really want to get into soaping and possibly even sell my soaps one day. I really want to use a base with a good quality. If the quality is great then I don't mind paying a bit extra. Could I get some opinions please?

Hello and welcome, Luna Le! May I ask where you are located? Our answers will vary depending on your location, because what is available in the US might not be available in Australia (for example).

Personally, I would check with Wholesale Supplies Plus, Bulk Apothecary, and Brambleberry to see what choices there are and compare prices.

I live in the US, in Florida. I've checked out brambleberry, but not the others. I'll have to check them out later. Thanks for the suggestions!:)

Back