OMG that looks lethal!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lil Outlaws

Reaction score
Seriously their instructions look dangerous.. no telling what kind of caustic "soap" you'd make, and the fact that it's intended for the face... I shudder at the thought!

I was searching for a recipe for acne soap - thinking the usual; TTO, charcoal, clay.. ???

And I found this:

Honey Oatmeal Acne Soap
Looking for homemade soap recipes for acne? Well, if this is the case, one of the best ones out there is honey oatmeal acne soap. Both acne and honey are well known for helping to treat acne, so this is a wonderful soap to use. You'll need coconut oil, shortening, honey, lard, apricot kernel oil, blended oatmeal, water, cocoa butter, lye, and palm oil. Blend together about ¾ cup of water, ½ a cup of the oatmeal, a tablespoon of honey, 5 ½ ounces of coconut oil, and ounce of apricot kernel oil, cocoa butter, and palm oil. Then add about three ounces of lard, five of shortening, and last of all you can add 2 ½ ounces of lye. Make sure the ingredients are well blended for the best results.

http://www.acnecuresnow.com/skin-care-p ... r-acne.php

Is that not the most haphazard recipe you've ever seen?

I hope whoever owns that website has a ton of insurance. That is SCARY! What happens when some enterprising but gullible soul decides to cure their child's acne for once and for all, stirs some up and actually manages to get a good mix but DOESN'T KNOW TO POUR IT IN A MOLD TO HARDEN AND CURE? Yep! Raw soap on the teenager's face, acne's gone but so are his lips and his eyeballs! :shock:

Edited to add..... an "ounce" of this and 5 "ounces" of that right after using cups for the water and the oatmeal? Yikes. No mention of weight vs. volume...

:shock: That recipe is scary.....and adding about this amount of this???

:shock:

Think someone should send a message with a proper conversion and directions??

EEEEEK I about had heart failure when I saw it.
:shock:

I've done that before....on a site where they suggested soaping in an aluminum kettle.....did no good. :(

:shock: :shock: :shock:
Both acne and honey are well known for helping to treat acne
So, if i had a lot of pimples i'd better rub them up against someone who has them too and then cover them in honey :lol:
@ mike, I once send an email to people in my country who sell soap; they buy in bulk from someone across the world. So they don't know sh** about soap making...
Sadly, they promoted soap with loads of essential oils to wash your cat with
But when I informed them in a nice way, they just thought I was ripe for the loonybin
I might be, but I was right all the same. 8)
:( why are there so many ignorant people?

Lil Outlaws said:
and last of all you can add 2 ½ ounces of lye. quote]

So I don't have to add the lye? Rubbing Oil on acne is a great cure I hear...

Sorry I could not resist.

Roy

we should send them a trick email saying we burnt our hand off or something to scare them into looking it over again!?

dagmar88 said:
:shock: :shock: :shock:
@ mike, I once send an email to people in my country who sell soap; they buy in bulk from someone across the world. So they don't know sh** about soap making...
Sadly, they promoted soap with loads of essential oils to wash your cat with
But when I informed them in a nice way, they just thought I was ripe for the loonybin
I might be, but I was right all the same. 8)
:( why are there so many ignorant people?

:shock: That can be lethal for cats.

I can't say what I'm thinking here....I don't want to be a pain for the moderators, but it's a juicy one.

To make it worse, i said to them as they clearly had no knowledge what so ever the Americans have an expression 'better safe than sorry'.
Their replay : Americans say a whole lot of cr** :shock:

Latest posts

Back