OMG check out my swirl tonight!!!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lil Outlaws

Reaction score
:shock: (this is only batch #5!)

Where's the "happy dance" smiley??
I just hope it looks this good when it's cut.. I did this in alternating direction on several different layers - I am STOKED!! (It's in the fridge now, I'll unmold it tomorrow and pour a white MP "frosting" on it (it's carrot cake swirl) before cutting it..

:eek:

That looks great!! You finally did the carrot soap!!
About the MP frosting....I think you will have to let your soap cure properly before you pour "frosting" on it, because if you pour it on while it is still curing, your top will pop off because the soap underneath is shrinking somewhat. I hope someone will read this and explain what I mean better. :oops:

Ooh that makes perfect sense, thanks for the info! Never even thought about that, though I now remember reading that before. Glad you reminded me!!

No worries!! I remember reading it on here somewhere! Just glad that I can provide some useful information. Also I think you would have to spray the top of your carrot layer with alcohol otherwise the icing won't stick.

Ditto everything Chrissy said............

What an amazing swirl - so professional :D :D :D

And to combine your two (now) soaping loves - I'm lovin' it!!!

So gorgeous..... :D :D :D :wink:

Tanya :)

So disappointed... the beautiful swirl doesn't go all the way through (???) even though I did it in layers.. there are some gentle swirls that are pretty but not what I expected. I also think I got partial gel because there's a circle in the middle that's different-colored than the rest.. oh well, I'll give it a couple days and see what it does..

Can't wait for the pics.
You don't have to do a swirl in layers, as long as whatever you are using, chopsticks,wooden spoon handle,whatever, as long as you touch the bottom while you are doing it, then your swirl will go all the way through.

Latest posts

Back