Olive oil!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bex1982

Reaction score
I just made olive oil soap, literally 2 hours ago.
Well, I just saw that it was done gelling (so fast!) and took off the plastic wrap on the top, put the plastic wrap in the sink and rinsed it, since i didn't want to throw a blobby thing with raw soap on it in the trash.
OMG it was ALREADY sudsing up, a LOT. I don't think I've ever had that happen. Ever. Crazy! And the funny thing is that I was going to add sugar to help the olive oil soap have more bubbles, but I forgot. Well, I guess it didn't need it anyway. I even superfatted 6%

That's great! It's so much fun when you get unexpected results. We're they 100 per cent olive?

I've only made my olive oil soaps with castor oil, oat milk and honey. They have plenty of bubbles, so I assumed it was the castor and honey. I might have to try olive oil on its own now, just to see what it's like!

it was 80% olive oil (pomice) and 20% coconut. I think my superfat was 6%. I tried a little piece today and it's nice, pretty mild, I really like it.

A lot of people usually say that olive soaps are better when they are at least 3 to 6 months old. Still, it's nice when fresh soap gives you that nice feeling that makes you want use it then and there. Did you add scent the soap (I'm curious)?

Id like to cure it for a few months. It's hard for me to wait so I had to test it out :)
Yes, I did add a fragrance and I think it goes well with the green, it’s a mix of the wasabi fo from brambleberry and tomato leaf from sweetcakes. I think it's a really nice, clean, green combo. Definitely will be using again!

Thanks, and you too! I think my grandmother has some of that in her bathroom. She’s really into gardenia no and keeps asking me to make her gardenia soap. I guess I should!

Ah, a nice Bastile batch. Glad it all went well. If you think it's good now, play again in a few months and see how nice they are

The last batch I gave to my mother in law and some other fam for x-mas (almost 2 years ago). She just has the block wrapped up and has never tried it, urrrggggg!! You know how frustrating that is? I didn't even keep any for myself since her and her sister requested it. Why they no use?
One thing that sucks about soap is you put all this work into stuff that WORKS and you want it to be used and enjoyed but people just put it in their bathrooms to look pretty. :crazy:

The last batch I gave to my mother in law and some other fam for x-mas (almost 2 years ago). She just has the block wrapped up and has never tried it, urrrggggg!! You know how frustrating that is? I didn't even keep any for myself since her and her sister requested it. Why they no use?
One thing that sucks about soap is you put all this work into stuff that WORKS and you want it to be used and enjoyed but people just put it in their bathrooms to look pretty. :crazy:
:lol: That's one good thing about my soaps: they are too "plain jane" to bother saving! :-D

That's one reason I stopped with the swirly things for a long time but it seems to be what everyone wants to buy. And super strong fragrances. My regular soap usually gets "does it smell more when you lather it?" And "I thought it was an eraser/cheese/fudge" :( and the whole "I dont use soap, it causes scum and dries my skin, but these are cute". I get that a lot, oh its cute..... then a walk by (at the farmers market). I hate it.

Oh and they want super strong fragrances that are natural because they dont want fragrance oils but they want things like coconut banana, not understanding that you cant just make that, adding coconut and banana to your soap wont make it smell like strong candy... really frustrating.

Oh and they want super strong fragrances that are natural because they dont want fragrance oils but they want things like coconut banana, not understanding that you cant just make that, adding coconut and banana to your soap wont make it smell like strong candy... really frustrating.
I know I'd get frustrated if I were in your shoes. Do you think attaching little cards of pamphlets that explains what type of ingredients you use may help?

Back