Olive Oil Price Increase

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just ordered some RBO from WSP to give it a try.

I had to google this and I came accross an article in the olive oil times...yes believe it or not an online source for everything olive oil !
Back in 2012 it was predicted that OO costs would go up in 2013 eventually leading to a shortage in 2020 ( gasp !) due to lowering of european agriculture subsidies which would raise prices and draught conditions in spain

I had to google this and I came accross an article in the olive oil times...yes believe it or not an online source for everything olive oil !
Back in 2012 it was predicted that OO costs would go up in 2013 eventually leading to a shortage in 2020 ( gasp !) due to lowering of european agriculture subsidies which would raise prices and draught conditions in spain

I think this is the article. http://www.oliveoiltimes.com/olive-oil-business/europe/spain-denies-it-overproduces-olive-oil/31566 where it discusses why an eventual erosion of olive oil surpluses is likely by 2020.

Interesting website, includes not only the market and politics of the industry, but also has recipes (meals), and articles on Soap.
Seems that even soap is being counterfeited by the Chinese because
Savon de Marseille is having their problems....Nothing is sacred :(

Thanks wisesoaper.

If it's any consolation, it was at $12.88 like a year ago, dropped to $10 something and has now gone back up to $12.88. Maybe i was just a really good year for the prices to drop like that,and now it's back to "normal". IE, it might drop back down. If it does, stock up with as much as you can use before expiration.

I was bummed last week when I bought Costco's Olive Oil and it was up again. It is now $24.99 where it was only $19.99 last fall.

Latest posts

Back