Olive Oil and Coconut Milk soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
gelled and ungelled, for me is nothing more than cosmetic problem. purely a personal preference. i've made gelled soaps and ungelled ones, so far i cannot see the difference in quality.

as for milk soaps, some like the non gel option to retain the white/creamy color, or to prevent excessive heat. things with sugar in them (honey, milks, juices) can generate heat, and too much heat = overheating. overheated soap can have cracks on top, holes in the middle (zombie teeth), or worse, separation.

ask away, this is what the forum is for, to share and ask questions. goodluck on your next batch!

Gelled can be the best option.....if the benefits of gelling are what you are going for. In some instances, ungelled is better in which case gelling should be avoided. You need to look in to it and decide case by case what you want to do

For each recipe, what you need to do to gel or not gel can vary a great deal - there is no "do x" that will be 100% for all soaps

Latest posts

Back