Nother soleseife fail story

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dawni

Reaction score
Haha.. Seems there has been a good many crumbly soleseifes and salt bars lately, and the universe decided I should join in! Unfortunately @KiwiMoose I left it for too long, even after your reminder (which I didn't see anymore lol).

I was reading a book while waiting. Told myself another hour more and I'll cut. At that point it was still soft, like the baby could probably dent it with his pinkie. Said baby woke up n I had to put him back to sleep.

And I fell asleep with him.

Quite disappointed.. But not just about this. I realized only while cutting that I forgot all my additives, I forgot my scent (yep, they're still sitting on the counter where I forgot them).. And the colors aren't what I thought I'd get. I was going for a darker blue, white n red lol Also I should have planned my swirls better.

But... This just means I can try the exact same thing again lol

I just need to wait for supplies. Maybe I should also ask the lady who gave me the micas if hers lighten up this much. Could be I used too less, but I used what I thought was a good amount (1/2 tsp blue for about 340 grams and slightly less red than that for about 180 grams).

Or I was probably stingy and didn't wanna use too much lol

So.. Pics..
_20190130_090441.JPG _20190130_090824.JPG _20190130_090552.JPG
_20190130_080145.JPG
_20190130_080201.JPG
@Chris_S seems like it was me who shouldn't have been soaping last night, eh? My karma for probably teasing you lols

Haha.. Seems there has been a good many crumbly soleseifes and salt bars lately, and the universe decided I should join in! Unfortunately @KiwiMoose I left it for too long, even after your reminder (which I didn't see anymore lol).

I was reading a book while waiting. Told myself another hour more and I'll cut. At that point it was still soft, like the baby could probably dent it with his pinkie. Said baby woke up n I had to put him back to sleep.

And I fell asleep with him.

Quite disappointed.. But not just about this. I realized only while cutting that I forgot all my additives, I forgot my scent (yep, they're still sitting on the counter where I forgot them).. And the colors aren't what I thought I'd get. I was going for a darker blue, white n red lol Also I should have planned my swirls better.

But... This just means I can try the exact same thing again lol

I just need to wait for supplies. Maybe I should also ask the lady who gave me the micas if hers lighten up this much. Could be I used too less, but I used what I thought was a good amount (1/2 tsp blue for about 340 grams and slightly less red than that for about 180 grams).

Or I was probably stingy and didn't wanna use too much lol

So.. Pics..
View attachment 35644 View attachment 35648 View attachment 35649
View attachment 35646
View attachment 35647
@Chris_S seems like it was me who shouldn't have been soaping last night, eh? My karma for probably teasing you lols

A bit messy, but they're still very pretty! I like your embossing effects.

Thank you @Meena and @SaltedFig!

So I'm all for saving something until you can't anymore.

I cut off some edges and wiped down some surfaces and brushed off some in betweens.

They're not all the same size and their edges are cut unevenly but now they're pretty enough to show off I think hehe
rsz_1rsz_1_20190130_131724.jpg

rsz_1rsz__20190130_131829.jpg

I sacrificed about half a bar to flaking and crumbling.. Not bad.

I now realize that if I had cut blue side up, instead of it being on its side, I might have gotten cleaner cuts.

Thanks @szaza!

They did, didn't they, @KiwiMoose.. I initially walked away from them and came back for the clean up after telling myself things can be saved.

Actually, I have a feeling it didn't gel at all but I can't be sure because I don't know what gelled CP soleseifes look like? This has 30% salt to water weight. There are no partial gel signs, but last night was unsually cold and I even wrapped this up and took it to the warmest room in the house. I'm surprised it didn't stay at least a light pink, nevermind red. Maybe the "scarlet red" she sent really does fade? She has yet to respond..

Latest posts

Back