Nobody looked when i posted it else where...:(

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rupertspal42

Reaction score
So I was in the showers last night and someone left their St. Ives oatmeal and shea body wash in the shower and I pondered... Honey Oatmeal with shea butter soap!! Now I was thinking... (this is just a shot in the dark)

Honey powder
Shea Butter
Oatmeal (for a type of exfoilant as well)
sweet almond oil
FO (thinking something like honey ofcourse)

now, for a just a soap bar this would be pretty good right? I'm thinking for CP ofcourse.. I think it would smell awsome and feel great because the shea and oatmeal work as softners and then the honey!! MMMM lmao

(this is the same post from the recipes tab... but let me know what ya'll think)

Sounds fantastic to me.. I love oatmeal honey combo's and you can't go wrong adding shea butter. imho

Kitn

YES! I'm so glad someone saw it this time heh The St. Ives smelled really good so I figure making it from scratch will be even BETTER!! I'm filling up with ideas... I cant' wait to start putting these ideas to the test!

Yes I smelled it... :twisted: it was there so it was fair game dangit.. HAHA

sounds like a great combination! I always come up with these elaborate formulas in my head and they always seem to come out great. My rule is if it sounds good, most likely it will smell good. One of the strong points of the soap are its mopisturizing properties so make sure to advertise that

are you going to do ALL shea and almond? ive never seen that, would it work?hmmm.. some others might know.

great! i'm gonna have to start figuring out some measurments :twisted:

Honor, what would you suggest instead of using all almond and shea? i'm pretty new to the soaping world myself so great ideas come and I just want to ensure I don't flop it!

x

:D hi there!

may i suggest www.soap-making-essentials.com look at the whole website and blog. this will give you a comprehensive overview of cold process soapmaking and some great recipes AND ideas for decorating your soaps.

p.s. www.soapsupplies.net carries a f/o oatmeal & honey. i just got it. when i get home at the end of the month for my vacation i plan to SOAP MY BRAINS OUT!!!

i've got a bunch of paige's f/o's and i'll post how they turn out.

take care and be safe!

Back