Recipe #2!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyway - back to the OP @MysPhoenix How much pumpkin puree did you use and did you deduct it from the total water amount? Mix the lye with less water and add the puree to the oils? Asking for a friend ;)

I used the puree as my liquid solution and added the lye to it. Because I HTHP I did not chill my pumpkin puree and the exothermic reaction with the puree caused a MESS (when I added the lye, it boiled over faster than I could stir it down). After taking the time to thoroughly & safely clean up my mess, I remeasured the puree and put it into an ice bath for about an hour. And I added the lye significantly slower than I did previously and slower than I do most recipes. If I were to make this CP, I would freeze the puree. Here is a link to my recipe. The note on top about the 3oz of Sweet Almond Oil being added after the cook can be disregarded completely if you CP, if you want the sweet almond oil just make adjustments and plug into your calculations. I always math my SF separate from the recipe calculator, because for some reason, when I enter an amount to SF after cook the calculator increases my lye amount :/

https://www.soapmakingfriend.com/soap-recipe/46269.honey-pumpkin-oats-soap

Back