no freezer paper. substitute?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Curefortheend

Reaction score
hi all!

So in my part of Southern Ontario there is nowhere to get freezer paper. Ive scoured every grocery, dollar store, costco, craft store etc and i cannot find it. ive seen on google that other canadians have had the same problem ive had with no luck.

What can i use instead to line my wooden molds? i checked ebay for freezer paper and found it for about 7 dollars... with 40 dollars shipping which is just ridiculous.

im hoping there is a substitute which will give me a nice clean edge the way the freezer paper gives you ladies!

i always use contact paper or shelf liner, its awesome and not much measuring, just take a piece going the short way then place one the long way on top of it, no taping, and you can wash it and reuse it. does that make sense? I posted a pic somewhere!

I havn't used it yet but I read on another post about using the shelf liner contact paper. You leave it in tack don't take off the backing, fit it to your mold with the shiny side to the soap,( the backing to the mold) they said it's reuseable just wipe it off. I made mine and plan to use them this weekend. I will spray with mineral oil at least at first, maybe always. :D Do you have that where you live?

honor435 said:
i always use contact paper or shelf liner, its awesome and not much measuring, just take a piece going the short way then place one the long way on top of it, no taping, and you can wash it and reuse it. does that make sense? I posted a pic somewhere!

Sorry I didn't see you post. :oops: But now I'm even more excited to use it!

no need to spray, they peel off the soap very nicely, r you going to place one on top of the other? I cant find the pic posted. :(

If your in southern Ontario you can try Metro if there is one around you, they carry Renolds freezer paper 50 feet for about 4.99.

Latest posts

Back