NG Dreamsickle moves incredibly slow

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kosmerta

Reaction score
FO appreciation post! I'm in the middle of soaping right now, I'm trying to make soap cupcakes and the portion of my batter i sectioned off 70 minutes ago for frosting is still at a medium trace. I used 5% NG Dreamsickle FO at medium trace and my batter turned back into thin liquid. Not the best for soap frosting- but im super excited I found something that slows trace so much. This FO will be great for intricate swirls and designs in the future!

After the cupcakes have cured for a few weeks i will post an update on how well the scent holds.

It wasn't that slow for me but didn't accelerate. It didn't stick well for me. Less than 6 months and it changed somewhat with different notes, almost spice soap. It also got quite dark. Like a medium beige. Darker than it showed in the photo. I like it in Sugar scrub and in bath bombs for the grandkids.

BB crisp anjour pear is another that slows or even reverses trace. Freaked me out the first time it happened.
I used it today and ran out of patience waiting for the thick trace I wanted.
No discoloration or overheating either.

Back