newbie - help plss

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I agree .. I honestly sometimes forget I have it in the fridge and it's like 2-4 months *♀️ Later and I still use it .. ( don't judge lol ) and it's perfectly fine ..

I agree .. I honestly sometimes forget I have it in the fridge and it's like 2-4 months ������*♀️ Later and I still use it .. ( don't judge lol ) and it's perfectly fine ..

No judgement here. I once ate homemade yogurt that was a year old - just to see if it was still good. It was.

The best thing about Daisy is that there's nothing in it but cultured cream - as long as you buy the full fat version, that is.

As for throwing it away, whatever for? Sour cream doesn't go bad; it's already "bad." The fridge temps and those lactobaccilli keep the pH low enough that nothing else dangerous can grow in there. Those dates are "Sell by" dates, not "Toss after" dates. ;)

When it has black fuzzy stuff or pink fuzzy stuff, it's bad.

I have recently learned that it is excellent in scrambled eggs, though.

When it has black fuzzy stuff or pink fuzzy stuff, it's bad.

I have recently learned that it is excellent in scrambled eggs, though.

Yes, I have had sour cream do both those things when refrigerated. My husband doesn't eat it, so when I go on a trip and leave it at home, sometimes I come home to black or pink fuzzies in my sour cream & have to toss it.

Latest posts

Back