Solid conditioner melting and air bubbles problem

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

inescostapires

Reaction score
Hi! I’m been trying to make solid conditioner and I’m having a problem while I’m making it:
- as soon as I take the jug from the double boiler to pour in the molds it starts to solidify so all the time I need to put it back into melting
- it gets a lot of air bubbles
- after cooling down the center kind of sinks in

so it ends up not looking so nice and creating a bit of waste

RECIPE
60% BTMS
12% cetearyl alcohol
10% soft oils
5% coco caprylate
6% water
1% d panthenol
1% vitamine E
1% wheat protein
2% essential oils
Preservative

Im anyway thinking of taking out the water and adding more BTMS so it will preserve better, but I don’t think this will help the melting problem.

If anyone has any ideas to help

Another picture of the top

Attachments

• IMG_0734.jpeg
    IMG_0734.jpeg
    584.6 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0735.jpeg
    IMG_0735.jpeg
    237.3 KB · Views: 0
Yes I made now a batch without water and it turned out much better no bubbles!

I still have the problem of solidifying too fast while pouring, so I always have to put the jug back into the crock pot to warm again, and the problem is that it is already mixed with the cooled down phase…

If someone has any good ideas to improve this step I would really appreciate! Thank you

Yes I made now a batch without water and it turned out much better no bubbles!

I still have the problem of solidifying too fast while pouring, so I always have to put the jug back into the crock pot to warm again, and the problem is that it is already mixed with the cooled down phase…

If someone has any good ideas to improve this step I would really appreciate! Thank you
That's pretty much my experience - I do have to remelt a bit as I go.

Latest posts

Back