New to this

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hunnybunny76

Reaction score
Someone in my community That has now moved used to make the most amazing soap. And i'd like to be able to find a recipe similar so I can learn to make it myself. All I know about it is that it had coconut butter and caster oil and smelled very little but what it did have was the coconut smell. It does not leave that weird film on your skin that makes your skin feel tight. It does lather really well rather quickly and seems to last forever. You could also use this as a moisturizer as it was amazing on the skin,and you didn't necessarily have to rinse it off.
Would anyone happen to know what kind of recipe this would be and how to make it as I really want to learn and the lady who made it left the province.!!!
Can anyone help me???

I don't know of any soap that does not need to be washed off. I suggest you try Soaping 101YouTube videos. A basic starter recipe could include coconut oil, palm oil, olive oil and Castor oil. You will need to learn the basics of soap making before coming up with a formula.

Welcome to the Forum! And there's still time for you to turn back. It's pretty addictive.
Did you mean cocoa butter or coconut butter or coconut oil? The scent of most oils doesn't survive the lye and saponification process. Your favorite soap likely had a fragrance oil added to it.

Honestly, that could be almost any soap formula. Do you mean cocoa butter and castor oil were used? The coconut smell was most likely fragrance oil.

So you want something that is gentle with lots of stable lather that is also long lasting. Are there any oils that you are interested in using or that you don’t want to use in making your soap?

Latest posts

Back